Chapter 23: Apologies

You heard Dan yell, then punch the wall. You opened the door slowly, and looked at Dan. He was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands, sobbing. You walked up to the couch and sat beside him. You wrapped your arm around him, and let him lay down with his head in you lap.

"I've fucked up, haven't I?" he cried. "We all make mistakes. You were just scared that I would run off with Kyle," you soothed. He sobbed harder. "Hey, don't cry, it's ok. I'm not mad anymore," you cooed. "I screamed at you. I'm no good Madeline, I don't deserve you. You can leave if you want, I understand," he bawled. "I will never leave you. I love you, and you made one mistake, so what?" you answered. He stood up and so did you. You embraced him, and he placed his head in the crook of your neck. "Why do you love me?" he asked. "I love you because you are perfect to me. You are my everything, and you're the sweetest guy I've ever met. Sure, you have your imperfections, but I can look past those and see the beautiful parts of you," you answered. He lifted his head and looked into your eyes. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

Can had gone to bed, so you dragged Kyle into his room. You walked into your bedroom, and hopped in bed. "I hate myself right now," Dan whispered. You kissed him, "Well I love you."