Chapter 83: Blue Cast

"Let's call the police," Dan said. He grabbed the phone, and began talking to the dispatcher. When Dan hung up, he was smiling. "Guess what?" he said. "What?" you replied. "I love you!" he exclaimed and kissed your cheek. he pulled away, "Oh, and they're going to arrest that wacko." You smiled at him, before giving him a high five. "I love you too Danny," you said.

You and Dan skipped down the crowded sidewalks hand in hand. Someone nudged you, and you fell. "Are you alright?" Dan asked. There was a sharp pain in your ankle. "My ankle hurts," you said holding back tears. "It looks broken," Dan said and helped you onto his back. He got a taxi, and told the driver to go to the hospital.

Dan helped you out of the cab, and guided you to the door. He held you up as you hopped on one leg. "Thanks Dan," you said. "It's my job to protect you," he replied and smiled. You kissed his cheek, before walking to the reception desk.

"What color should my cast be?" you asked Dan. "Hmm, how about blue?" he suggested. "Blue it is!" you replied and smiled.

"Casts are a pain in the butt," you whined. "Tell me about it," Dan replied. "Can I have a piggyback ride?" you asked Dan. "Of course!" he smiled and helped you onto his back. He held your crutches for you. "You're such a cutie," you mumbled while resting your head on top of his. "I'm nothing compared to you!" he exclaimed, and you smiled.