Chapter 45: Book of Songs

You drove to your new home in Twin Peaks. You knocked on the door, and the previous owners gave you the keys. "We need to go shopping. All we have is clothes!" Dan laughed. You remembered the fire, and felt bad. "Hey what's wrong Maddy?" Dan asked. "All of your stuff is ruined Dan. Your records, your furniture, your songs, it's all my fault," you cried. He wrapped his warm arms around your body and pulled a small book from his suitcase. "I didn't lose my songs," he whispered. He handed you the book. It was the same one you had read before. You thought it had burned in the fire! "I'm so glad you saved this," you said wiping your tears. "I want you to have it," he replied. "Really?" you asked with tears in your eyes. "Uh-huh, but I'm gonna continue to write songs in there. That way you can have new reading material every once in a while," he offered. You gave him a hug. "Thanks so much Daniel," you whispered.

"Lets go shopping!" Dan exclaimed. You followed him into the car. "Lets get some paint too," you said. "Good idea babe!" he replied. You read the songs while in the car. "These are great Dan!" you exclaimed. "No, they're terrible actually, but thanks anyways," he mumbled. "You're such a pessimist," you giggled. He laughed too. "I have an idea! you should come up with beats for the songs!" Dan said. You nodded, "That sounds fun."