Chapter 37: Oblivion

"How do you feel Dan?" you asked him when he woke up. "Like absolute shit," he mumbled, "my head is pounding and I feel like I'm gonna puke." You have him a hug and rubbed his back. He jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Dan quivered as he vomited into the toilet. You held his fringe back. He sat on the bathroom floor when he had finished. You went and got him a glass of water.

Dan had fallen asleep on the couch. You got up and made some lunch. You decided on soup, because it would be good for Dan. When he woke up, you poured some soup into a bowl for him. "Thanks Maddy," he said. You grabbed him a blanket and a pillow. You handed them to him and took his empty bowl. "Can we watch some Twin Peaks?" he asked. You nodded and grabbed your sweater. Dan was already wearing his.

You cuddled with him, and finished watching season two. Dan had fallen asleep. You found a notebook on the bedside table. Even though it seemed nosy, you flipped through the pages. They were filled with great songs Dan had written. Every song he wrote had a story behind it. When you got to a song called Oblivion, you broke down into tears. It was a very deep song, and had a lot of meaning to you. You had felt how the song described when Dan was shot. A tear dropped onto the page. You closed the book and put it back hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Did you like the songs?" Dan asked when you walked back into the living room. "I-uh, I didn't mean to be nosy," you apologized. "I wrote them for you anyways, so it's fine," he shrugged. "Also, I'm feeling much better now! Your soup did the trick!" he exclaimed. "So, what song was it that made you cry?" he asked. You looked down to the floor, "Uh, I think it was called Oblivion." Dan smiled, "Why? I understand its a quite depressing song, but what made you upset?" he asked. "Well, you know when Kyle shot you? That was exactly how I was feeling. I felt like my whole world was falling apart. I thought you were going to die," you explained. He stood up and held you in his arms.