Chapter 31: Trust

"We have to stay in a hotel for a while Dan," you said. "It's ok, as long as I have you, we could live on the streets and I wouldn't mind," he replied. You kissed him, "I'm so glad you're ok."

When you were settled into your hotel room, you and Dan decided to go for a walk. While you were walking you ran into Kyle. He was looking very dirty. "Kyle are you homeless?" you asked. "Yea..." he muttered. "I didn't mean to do any of the things I did you guys, honestly. You are my best friends and I was forced to do them, or I would die. I made sure what I did wouldn't kill you," Kyle pleaded. "Well, I think we can accept your apology," Dan replied. "You can stay at our hotel for a bit if you want," you chimed in. Kyle smiled, "Ok! Thanks so much!"

"Goodnight Dan," you whispered. "Goodnight Madeline. I'm not sure if we can trust Kyle," Dan whispered back. "Shh," you pressed a finger to his lips, "we can talk about it tomorrow." He nodded in agreement.

"I don't know if Kyle can be trusted," Dan said the next morning, while Kyle was gone. "Neither do I, but I say westbound give him a chance. I mean it seems like he's changed," you replied. "Yea, I guess," Dan agreed. "Lets go but some clothes and stuff," you suggested. "Sounds good, it'll take our minds off this while situation," Dan answered.