Chapter 63: And The Walls Kept Tumbling Down

"Hey sleepy head," you said when Dan woke up. He smiled. "I'm gonna go take a shower," you stated. "Ok," he replied, "but don't take too long." You laughed, "No promises," and skipped to the bathroom.

While you were washing your body, you felt a lump in one of your breasts. "Oh God no," you whispered, and broke down in tears. You shut the water off and got out of the shower. Quickly, you dried yourself and put your clothes on.

"Madeline, what's wrong?" Dan asked, as you walked out of the bathroom sobbing. "I think I have breast cancer Dan. I felt a lump," you cried. He scootched over in bed, and offered for you to lay beside him. You did, and he cuddled with you. "I have to go down to emerge," you whispered after a few minutes. Dan nodded with sorrow in his pale blue eyes. "Good luck Madeline," he said, and left a kiss on your cheek. You wiped your tears and ran out of the room.

A few hours later you walked back into Dan's hospital room. "Do you have it," he asked. You nodded and tears started flowing down your cheeks. Dan began to cry as well. "We can get through this. We will get through this," Dan cried. You curled up beside him and fell asleep.

You woke up to Dan singing Oblivion. You rested your head on his shoulder while he sang. "You have the voice of an angel," you mumbled. He chuckled, "I do not." You giggled, "Yes you do silly," and poked his nose. "I'm hungry," Dan moaned. "The nurse said we can go down to the cafeteria, which means we can have McDonalds!" you exclaimed. Dan threw his fist in the air, "Yes!" he cheered.

You had paged the nurse and told her you were going to the cafeteria. "They're bringing me a hospital bed so I can stay in your room," you said as you ate your food. "So you have to stay here?" he asked. "Yeah, but only for tonight so they can figure everything out and be 100% sure about everything," you explained. "Tonight's my last night here," Dan replied, "but if you have to stay longer, I will stay here with you." You wrapped your arm around him, "Thanks Danny," you smiled. "Hey, no problem," he said, and kissed your cheek.

Things We Lost In The Fire (Dan Smith/Bastille Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें