Chapter 92: Plane Crash

When you woke up, Dan was not in his seat. "Dan?" you called quietly. There was no answer, so you sat up and looked around. Then, you saw him walk through the aisle. "You woke up!" Dan exclaimed. "Yeah, where were you?" you replied. "I just went to the washroom," he answered. "Are we almost there?" you asked. "Yeah," he replied.

You felt the plane shift back and forth and you tensed up in your seat. Dan laughed at you, "Can't handle a little turbulence Maddy?" Dan teased. "I can handle a little turbulence," you replied, "but that wasn't a little bit of turbulence."

Dan looked out of the window and his eyes widened with fear. From behind the plane was a cloud of thick, black smoke.

All the air inside of your lungs seeped out. Was this it? All you have fought for, everything would end in the next few minutes? No. You wouldn't let that happen. You have fought before and weren't scared to do it now.

You jumped out of your seat and ran down the isle. When you found a flight attendant you told her about the smoke. Then you noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. "There's nothing we can do," she sobbed.

You sat back down in your seat and grasped Dan's hand. "What's happening?" he asked. He was scared, and so were you. "We all die," you choked on those three words. Dan squeezed your hand. "I love you," Dan repeated over and over again. You buried your head into his chest, staining his shirt with tears.

All of a sudden the plane dropped. People were screaming. Dan was in a trance. He was still murmuring the words "I love you."

Everything was black.

Your whole world had been taken from you in a matter of seconds.

Everything you fought for didn't matter anymore.

Nothing matters anymore.

No one survived the crash.

No one will return to their families, or go on vacation.

Everyone will be underground in the next few days.

Including you.

Including Dan.

All the pain and suffering you had endured was over.

Evereything was over.