Chapter 35: Sing Me To Sleep

"It's been quite a weird day, hasn't it?" Dan exclaimed. "For sure!" you said. He patted the seat beside him. You sat beside him and wrapped your arms around his waist. "I love you Daniel, I'm kinda glad that we have bodyguards now. I feel a lot safer," you whispered. "So do I Maddy, I just want us to be able to have a normal life," he whispered back. You snuggled into his chest.

You were walking down to the beach. On the shore you could see a big long white thing. You got closer, and realized it was a body, wrapped in plastic. You flipped the body over and saw Dan. He was dead. You turned around and a man was standing there holding a gun. That man was Kyle Simmons.

You woke up screaming. Dan woke up immediately. "Madeline! Are you ok baby?" he asked. "D-Dan, I had a bad dream," you sobbed. He pressed his lips onto your forehead, and gently rocked you back and forth. "Shhh, it's ok, you'll be ok," he whispered. You stopped crying and let him hold you.

"Oh I feel overjoyed, when you listen to my words," Dan sang to you softly. You closed your eyes and listened. You rested your head on his shoulder, and began to sing along. "I think you have a beautiful voice Madeline," Dan complimented. "No, I don't. You do Daniel," you mumbled back. He kissed your temple. "I love you," you whispered to him. "I love you, get a good sleep babe," he mumbled back. "Dan, can you sing me to sleep?" you asked. "Of course Madeline," he answered.