Chapter 54: Tears

Dan drove to the airport quickly, and got you tickets for the next flight to Twin Peaks, which left in 3 hours. "Dan, I'm so sorry about everything that has happened today. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have dragged you into this mess," you cried. "No, there is no way that any of this is your fault. I don't want you to ever blame yourself for any of his," he hugged you. You rusted your head on his chest, and he put his chin on the top of your head.

"I miss my dad," Dan whispered. "Now we both have no family. Our only family is each other, so we need to stick together," you replied. He smiled with tears in his eyes, and then kissed you. "You are correct," he said. "Keep your eyes on the road Dan! We're going to get into another accident!" you shouted. "Sorry," Dan muttered. You looked at him and he was upset. "I didn't mean to yell Dan, I'm sorry. I just don't want yu to get hurt. You're all I have," you whispered. "It's alright Madeline, I understand babe," he replied. You leaned ver and kissed his cheek.

The next flight to Twin Peaks left in three hours. Many people in the airport stared at Dan, who would randomly burst into tears. When it was time to board the plane, Dan held your hand as the two of you walked onto the plane. Dan asked for many glasses of wine. When the stewardess refused to get him mre because he had too much, he began to sob. "Is he alright?" she asked you. "His dad died earlier," you answered, tears welling up in your eyes. "Oh," she replied and walked away. Dan was leaning his head on your shoulder and sobbing.

The woman came back. "Can you make him stop crying?" she asked bluntly. You looked at her with disgust. "Excuse me?" you snarled back. She stared into your eyes and repeated what she had said. "Maybe you didn't hear me earlier, but his fucking dad just died," you answered with tears streaming down your face. "I don't care what's wrong with him, just make him stop," she said before walking away snootily.