Chapter 50: Death Threats

"We're married, we're married," the two of you singsonged as you skipped back to your house. "I feel bad that your dad didn't get to walk me down the aisle. I promised he could," you said. "Oh he won't mind!" Dan reassured. "Lets call him and tell him the news!" you suggested. "I'll call him when we get home," Dan replied. All of a sudden it started to rain. Dan pulled off his jacket and handed it to you, because you weren't wearing one. "Thanks," you said.

"Let's call him now," you said. "Ok, I'll talk to him and then pass you the phone," Dan replied. "Hi dad! I have great news!" Dan exclaimed into the phone. His face went from excitement to horror in seconds. He ripped the phone from his ear and hung up. He ran ini the bathroom and vomited.

"What happened on the phone?" you asked Dan. he began to sob, and you wrapped your arms around him. "Th-they found m-my d-dad Madeline. They're threatening to kill him if we don't give them 5000 dollars by next w-week," he wailed. You rubbed his back and let him cry. You began to cry too. The two of you stood there, hugging and crying for a long time.

"I have the money to pay them," you whispered after the two of you had finished crying. "I'll pay for the plane tickets," Dan offered. You kissed him. "We will save him Daniel. Please don't worry. He will be ok," you reassured him. Dan began to cry again. "Lets go to bed Dan," you said. he followed you.

Neither of you got any sleep that night. "Lets go down to the airport," Dan said in the morning. "We need to get packed, and then we will catch the next plane to London," you replied. He nodded, and began throwing things into his suitcase. "All done!" he yelled a few minutes later. He had packed your things too.

The two of you hopped in the car and drive to the airport. Dan payed for the tickets while you went through security with the bags.