Chapter 44: Questions

"By the time we go home we'll be able to move into our new house!" Dan exclaimed. You were happy Dan was feeling better. The past few weeks had been hard for him, and you had missed his smile. You cupped his jaw in your hand, and lowered his face towards yours. "I love you Daniel Smith," you said before he pushed his lips onto your own. "I love you more Madeline Smith," he murmured into the kiss.

"Are you guys hungry?" Dan's dad asked. "Yea a little," Dan replied. "I'll order pizza," he answered. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did the two of you meet?" his dad asked. "I was very upset one day, and I fell on the sidewalk. Dan helped me up, and I loved him from the moment he helped me," you answered. "I don't mean to be nosy, but why did you want me to walk you down the aisle instead of your own father?" he questioned. You replied, "My dad left my mom and me when I was very young, and my stepdad is in jail because he abused me. My mom did too. When I met Dan, they had kicked me out. if he didn't offer for me to stay at his place, I could be dead right now. He is my guardian angel." Dan wrapped his arms around your waist. You turned around to face him. "How much of that did you hear?" you asked him. He chuckled, "All of it." You hugged him.

"I'm going to bed," Dan's dad said later that night. "Ok! goodnight Mr. Smith, I mean Dad!" you replied. He laughed, "Goodnight you two!"