Chapter 30: Alive and Breathing

You had been reluctant to go into the room Dan was in because you were scared you would have a breakdown. "He has started to get better. I think we have a chance," Dr. Beck explained. "Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but can I have a little time alone?" You asked. "Of course!" he walked out of the room. As soon as he was gone you broke down into tears.

You heard a voice as faint as a whisper say, "Don't cry my sweet Madeline, I am here baby, I am alive. Come sit with me Maddy, I love you. As soon as I get out of here we are getting married. We will have a big white wedding and everyone will be invited." You let Dan talk for a long time before you said, "Dan, I thought you were going to die." You broke down into tears. "Shh, it's ok Madeline. I'm here. Hold my hand, we'll be ok. C'mon now, deep breathes," he soothed.

"You saved me didn't you?" Dan asked. You nodded. "Kyle started the fire. He took me outside and knocked me out. I don't remember anything after that," Dan finished. "Let's not talk about this right now Daniel, I'm kind of an emotional wreck. I just need to come to terms that you are alive and talking to me and not dead," you cried. "I love you," Dan whispered. "I love you too," you whispered back, and kissed his lips softly.