04 The First Day (Of the Rest of her Life) (Past)

"Tell me ... is this normal?" Wataru asked.

Yuna opened her eye. "What?"

"Yui-chan's finger twitches."

As if struck by a lightning, Yuna shot up from the chair and came to the other side of the bed. Irritated, she stared at her sister's twitching finger. "I have no idea ..."

"Shall we call a nurse?" the young man puzzled.

"Yui?" The blue-haired reached for the other girl's hand. The thin fingers exerted gentle pressure on hers. "Yui ..." breathed Yuna, relieved.

"Does she wake up?"

The high-school girl nodded as she stared at the dainty hand in her own. "I think so."

"I'll get someone."

"Okay."

Wataru put his guitar aside and hurried out of the room.

"It's fine, Yui. I'm here."

The blonde pressed her hand a little tighter. Slowly, she turned her eyes to her sister, who was completely concentrated on the hands. "Yu ..." escaped her dry mouth. The older girl's red eye flinched and they stared at each other. The purple eyes closed and opened instantly. "Yu ... na ..."

"Yui!" Tears shot into the high-school student's eye. "Yui! Finally!"

The younger girl's mouth formed a grimace resembling a grin. She couldn't remember that it was so tiring to move. Yuna began to stroke excitedly over her blond hair.

"What do you need, Yui?"

She shook her head slightly.

"I'm so happy!"

She blinked once for a couple of seconds.

Wataru and Takashi hurried through the door. The young man stood aside to let the nurse get to his patient. "Yui-chan?" he asked, holding his hand in front of her eyes.

She looked at him.

"Follow my hand with your eyes." He slowly drove from one side to the other.

The patient followed the movement with her eyes.

"Okay. Yes. She's awake. Hey, Yui-chan ... was it nice in Middle-earth?"

The girl blinked.

"Good. I'll get the doctor so he can examine you. Unfortunately your visitors have to leave for that. If you have something to say, say it quickly."

She squinted again.

"See you later." Takashi turned to the others. "Unfortunately, I have to throw you out when we work with her afterwards. Come back tomorrow."

"I'll come tomorrow after school. Is that okay?"

"Absolutely. I'll give you a few more minutes, okay?"

"Thank you, Takashi-san."

The nurse nodded and left the room. Wataru stood next to his girlfriend and looked at her sister. Yuna turned around and hugged him wildly. Surprised, the singer put his hand on her back.

"Thank you, Wata," she breathed.

"For what?"

The blue-haired snuggled her head against his. "Everything."

"Sure thing."

She looked at him and smiled broadly. "At last, everything comes in place."