44 The Exclusive Interview (Present)

"That's a totally cool idea. I have never given an interview before," confessed the singer.

Yuna plucked her best friend by the sleeve. "Actually, we should take care of the homework, Hikari-chan."

The black-haired girl looked over at her. "Come on. I won't do that anyway. This is much more interesting."

"Yeah, come on, Yuna-chan."

Shrugging, the taller girl said, "Fine. Then do your interview." She opened her backpack, pulled out her notebook and opened it.

"And you're really doing your homework now?" Hikari asked.

"Yes. Do you think I'm interested in what this jerk has to tell? At least, I'm not wasting my time."

Sullen, Wataru frowned, grabbed his glass and drank a sip. After putting it back, he turned to his interviewer. "Then shoot."

Giggling, she said, "I've never done that."

"Just ask me the first question that comes to mind," he advised.

"Have you always been a jerk?" Yuna asked with a grin. The other two turned to look at her with raised eyebrows. "What? The first question you said."

"Just shut up, if you have nothing constructive to say, Yuna-chan," reminded her hostess.

"Fine."

Wataru replied, "No. I was not always a jerk." Both girls looked at him and giggled. "It's only since I know this blue-haired fury."

"I'll give you a fury!" his girlfriend snarled.

Smiling broadly, the musician shrugged. "Do you see? A total beast. Be sure to include the question in your catalog."

"I can't do that." Hikari opened her text editing program and briefly formatted the document. "That would be wrong."

"What? This is funny. Your readers should also have something to laugh about," Wataru explained.

"My readers?"

He nodded. "Yes. You will surely publish it on the blog. This is my very first interview."

"Maybe that should rather make a professional," weighed the black-haired.

"Come on. I'm sure you'll do a great job, Hikari-chan." He grinned at her again, and her cheeks flushed. "You can deflower me." Her cheeks became even redder.

"Stop the perverted allusions, hentai," Yuna hissed as she wrote in her notebook.

Nervously, Hikari typed a few questions into her laptop. In between she googled for interviews to get some inspiration. Meanwhile, her interview partner drank his glass empty again and refilled it himself. The third in the group ignored the other two and focused on her homework.

"Okay. I think I'm ready," said the hostess.

"Cool."

"So, hello, Shimada-san. Thank you for the opportunity to have this interview with you."

"Hello, Hikari-chan. Thanks for the invitation. Please, call me Wataru, okay?"

Her fingers flew over the keyboard while she was writing. "With pleasure, Wataru-san." She looked at him a bit helplessly. "Shouldn't an interview have a certain course?"

"No idea," he admitted smiling. "Doesn't matter. You can arrange it later. Just ask."

"Alright." She went through her questions to pick the first one. "May I ask you a personal question?"