15 Before the First Day of School (Present)

The alarm clock rang. Yuna opened her eye and yawned extensively. Her arm felt numb, and when she tried to move it, it was stuck.

"Wata, move." She pressed against the body next to her, until she noticed the blond hair. "I remember." She listened to Yui's breath for a moment. Her sister was still asleep. Carefully she peeled free and crawled out of the futon. Should she wake Yui up?

Another alarm went off, and immediately the younger one awoke from her sleep. She noticed her sister beside her and turned around. "Morning, sister."

"Hey ... slept ... well?"

Yui looked down. "I'm sorry."

"It's all right. Don't worry." She smiled at the blonde. "What do you want to have for breakfast?"

"What do we have?"

"Cereals. And we have to look out for Wataru in the bathroom, since he always bathes in the morning."

"Oh." Slowly, the middle-school girl forced herself to a smile. "Okay."

Yui crawled out of her bed and together they rolled up their futons, which they stowed in the wall cabinet. The older girl grabbed her washing clothes and pointed to the pile next to it.

"Grab your stuff. I'll kick him out if he's bathing now," Yuna joked - probably.

"No, no. Then we can eat first and then use the bathroom."

"Nonsense. There are two of us. He should get out of our way." Yui chuckled, grabbed her stuff and together they stepped into the hallway, walking towards the stairs. "By the way, the toilet is over here." The blue-haired girl pointed to the door.

"I know. Ayumi showed it to me yesterday, when you ... with Wataru ... "

Yuna looked over and grinned embarrassed. "He, he."

"You're a sweet couple," the middle-school student confessed.

"Thank you."

They silently descended the stairs, where Tomi Nakamura was just putting on his shoes. The older one remembered that she had failed to tell her sister about him. By God, she would have little to do with him anyway. They occasionally met early in the morning, or late in the evening in the hall, exchanging formalities.

She only knew about him that he was working in the city, but his family lived outside in the country. Because the way to work was too long, he lived in the pension during the week. Maybe Ayumi or Wataru knew more about him, but she didn't care enough about the man to ask further questions.

"This is Nakamura-san," Yuna whispered to her sister.

"Good morning, Nakamura-san," the girls greeted him unison.

The man stood up and turned to them. "Good morning, girls. We have a new roommate?"

"Yes. Nakamura-san, this is my sister Yui. Yui-chan, this is Tomi Nakamura," the blue-haired introduced the two to each other.

The younger girl bowed deeply. "Very pleased, Nakamura-san."

The roommate also bowed. "Nice to meet you, Yui-chan. Have a nice day, girls."

"You too, Nakamura-san." The man left the pension through the front door.

"You didn't mention him," Yui said.