11 Nightmares (Past)

Ayumi rolled over and opened her eyes. Hadn't she just heard something? She listened sleepily for a moment, then heard another scream. It came out of the next room. Worried, she jumped out of her bed, scrambled to the room door, and stepped out into the hall. In front of Yuna's room door sat Wataru, leaning against the wall and held a rag under his nose.

"Are you alright?" she asked cautiously.

The singer looked surprised at her, but immediately turned his gaze away as he recognized her light clothing. "Can't you get dressed?" he hissed.

"Sorry."

The redhead went back to her room, pulled out her bathrobe and slipped it on. Again, a scream pushed through the wall. Nervously, the young woman tensed up. What was going on? She left her room once more and joined Wataru.

"What's happening?"

The young man turned the rag so that some blood stains could be seen. "She has nightmares."

Ayumi glanced at the room door. "I can hear that. Why don't you wake her up?"

"I've tried. She is punching everything around herself wildly." Only now did the older one recognize the bruises in Wataru's face.

"Did she beat you up?"

"Yes. She's extremely strong. I didn't expect her to be this strong." He chuckled a little. Yuna screamed again.

"She's going to wake up Nakamura-san if this goes on. We have to do something."

He shook his head. "I'm not going back in there."

"Hm." Ayumi stepped in front of the room door and grabbed the door knob.

"Think about this carefully."

"She needs us." Determined, the redhead pressed the latch down and pushed open the door.

Her blue-haired roommate rolled around in her futon restlessly. She cried and muttered in her sleep. Ayumi looked at the girl worried. She couldn't imagine in the least what this poor child had to go through in the last days.

After Yuna had returned from her fight with Tirr, she had bathed extensively, while she and Wataru had cooked. After the sumptuous meal, which the high-school girl had completely devoured, they chatted a little, but the girl told nothing of her experiences.

Apparently, she knew that her uncle was dead. And she knew that the Oni had been looking for her. And she had mentioned that it was over and she had killed Tirr. But obviously much more was going on, which she kept secret.

Another shriek made Ayumi twitch. "GO AWAY!"

"Yuna-chan ..."

The blue-haired rolled over again. "Leave me alone!" She shook her head and hit the ground with her fists. "Get lost!"

The redhead knelt beside the girl and looked at her. Sweat beads had gathered on the forehead of the huntress, and tears still glided over her cheek. Timid, Ayumi held out her hand and stroked Yuna's forehead. "Hush ... relax, Yuna-chan."

The girl jerked away and sniffed. "Go away." The older one kept on stroking her.

Apparently, the girl calmed down a little bit, since her breathing became slower. "I'm so sorry, uncle," Yuna whispered.

"It's all right, Yuna-chan."

"I didn't want that." She sobbed again, "I didn't want that."

"Shh ..." Ayumi lay down beside Yuna and pulled her slowly to her body. "It's all right."