19 Family Wada (Present)

"WHAT?" Yuna's eye widened. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Don't yell at me," Hikari whimpered.

"Damn, Hikari. What's the matter with you?! Kill yourself? You've said yourself, only cowards would do that." The blue-haired was getting furious.

"I am a coward." Her best friend slapped her hands on her face and began to cry, shaking.

The Masuda girl stared at her without knowing what to say or do. Hikari has been suffering from depression for more than two years, or to be more precise, from a bipolar disorder. Sometimes, during a mania, she was a cheerful, life-loving girl who was constantly fooling around and had to be held back from Yuna.

But in a depressed phase she turned into a miserable, weeping nothing. She was in treatment - hopefully still - and got drugs to control her illness.

The black-haired rolled up on her bed and continued to cry. Yuna felt how guilt came up in her. She had really neglected her best friend since the catastrophe, but could she be blamed for that? There were so many things she had to take care of.

"But you took your time for Nisha," went through her head, and she looked over to the gray-haired girl, who made a calmer impression than Yuna had expected. She entered the room with the corners of her mouth hanging down, slipped gracefully through the chaos on the ground, and settled down on the bed. She put her left hand on Hikari's shoulder and gently stroked her. The girl in the pajamas sniffed, nestled and put her head on the lap of the class speaker.

"It's so nice that you came to visit me," the black-haired girl muttered. Nisha glanced at Yuna and stroked the girl.

The tall girl sighed. "I'm sorry, I let you down. I ... I just had so much to do."

Hikari opened her eyes and twitched. She looked up into Nisha's eyes, who returned the look kindly. Then her gaze turned to her best friend. "What the fuck?" She moved away from the class representative. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"Sorry, Wada-san," the green-eyed muttered.

"Oh God. I'm getting sick." The resident rose from her bed and took a few steps. She looked at Yuna again.

The blue-haired girl stared at her friend, uncertainly. "Come here." She spread her arms to Hikari. Smiling, the black-haired followed the call and hugged the tall girl. She put her arms around her and pressed her tender body to her friend. The depressive leaned her head against Yuna's shoulder and began to cry again. The taller one stroked her back to caress her friend. "It's all right. Everything will be all right."

"I just don't know. I'm so desperate."

"It's okay. You can't help it."

Hikari sniffed. "Why don't I get better?"

"I don't know. Your doctors surely do everything in their power."

The black-haired girl sniffed. "I just want to lead a normal life."

Yuna nodded. "We all want that." She squinted at Nisha, who had turned her gaze away and studied the pictures on the walls.

The cat girl and the blue-haired pricked up their ears almost at the same time, when they heard the door handle. They quickly looked at each other. Who came in? The tall girl gestured slightly to the door. The gray-haired nodded, rose and left the room to descend the stairs.

"Finally, she's going to leave," Hikari murmured.

Yuna stroked her. "Why do you hate her so much? She's such a friendly person."