122 Hikari's Conflict (Present)

Hikari looked back at Yui, who was screaming and trying to get to her feet. Yukiko had her hands tied behind her back and legs tied so the middle-school student couldn't escape. And it worked. Yui had even begun to cry, probably because she could hardly bear to see her sister's hopeless fight.

The black-haired girl looked over to the ice golem, which was still behaving unpredictable. Then she noticed the cat, which was scurrying around the monster and attacking it again and again. Where the hell did that cat come from, and what did it do?

It occurred to her that Nisha had come here with Yuna, but she had somehow lost sight of her. She had probably fled.

She glanced at the pair of blue-haired people wrestling on the floor. Or Yuna wrestled, because Yukiko was sitting on top of her and grinned victoriously at her opponent, while she trampled in panic and screamed muffled.

Hikari realized that Yuna was crying and at that moment she was overcome by a memory.

"Come on. Try harder," the black-haired boy laughed. He held a hair clip with a blue ribbon over his head, and a smaller, blue-haired girl tried to grab it with outstretched arms.

"Give it back! It belongs to my mom!"

"Get it." He hurled it over to another boy, who caught it.

The girl spun around and ran over, but the boy threw it to a third, who caught it as well. "Here it is."

"Give it back! I'm only allowed to borrow it!" Tears gleamed in the girl's blue eyes as she hurried over to the boy with the hair clip.

"Oops. There it flies again." The hair clip sailed through the air and landed in the hands of the first boy.

"You are so mean!" the girl moaned. She reached the first boy and reached out her little hands for the object. "Give it back!"

"No, Chibi." The boys laughed and the girl clenched her fists helplessly.

She reached out and punched the boy in the stomach. "Give it back!"

"Ouch!" Angrily, he pushed her away, whereupon she stumbled and landed on the sandy ground. Big tears gathered in her eyes and then she began to cry.

"You are so mean!"

"Oh... now the baby is crying." Again the boys laughed mischievously.

"Mommy...", the little girl sobbed and rubbed her eyes.

"HEY!" shouted another girl from the side. She had shoulder-length, black hair and was slightly larger than the blue-haired. "Pick on someone your own size." The crying girl sniffed.

"Oh oh. Hikari is here." The black-haired boy grinned widely. "Shall we pick on you?"

"Give her hair clip back, Minoru." The black-haired came quickly closer.

"It's mine," he said, trying to pin in to his hair. The other two laughed in amusement.

"He's lying!" the girl on the ground said.

Hikari stopped in front of Minoru and reached for the hair clip. "Give!"

He slapped her hand away and backed away. "Leave me alone!" With a cry, she jumped at him and pushed him to the ground. He landed on his butt and blinked at her in surprise. "Ouch!"

"Give it back!" Hikari yelled.

"No!"

The other two boys flanked Hikari and grabbed her by the wrists. "Let me go!" she demanded, but the boys shook their heads and stared at her.