75 Unorthodox Interrogation Methods (Present)

"I understand." Midori made some notes in her book. "Then the thing with the school would be clarified."

"It's the only way. The way to the next bus stop takes about ten minutes, and the ride itself another hour and a half. Besides, the bus comes only every twenty minutes." Tomoya finished his cup and deposited it with Nagisa, who quickly refilled it. "Only in exceptional cases we refrain from driving our children. Well, Rei lately often uses the bus, because her lectures sometimes start really late and it makes no sense to go back to town a second time."

"Absolutely." The nurse looked at Yuna, who was bored and playing on her cell phone. "Although... they can do homework on the bus. Do your children go away often?"

"Very rarely. Hm... Rei has been out several times since she started to study. Or she'll come home later by bus."

Nagisa said, "Tama is a real basement child. Constantly gaming. He then talks to his friends over his headset, respectively, they yell at each other and curse." Yuna grunted in amusement. "Oh... you know that too, Masuda-sama?"

"My boyfriend also plays video games often. Boys really curse a lot."

"You have a boyfriend?" Nagisa rejoiced. "Rei has never brought a boy home."

"And that's good," Tomoya interjected. "She's still too young for a boyfriend."

"Honey, she is nineteen."

"Like I said, too young."

The blue-haired grinned at the two. "I'm fifteen."

With a meaningful look, the butler looked at Midori, but she immediately defended herself. "I don't interfere. The girls know what's good for them."

Nagisa turned back to Yuna. "How old is your boyfriend, Masuda-sama?"

"Eighteen."

"Does he work, or is he studying?"

"He works as a bicycle courier, and he tries to become a professional musician."

"Ha. A delinquent. That was clear. Normal boys don't have time for girls, because they have to prepare for university." Tomoya stroked his chin.

"You didn't study, honey."

"I visited the hotel school. That's a recognized education."

"Don't worry. Wataru is a really decent, young man. Very polite and courteous," assured the guardian.

"And who is Takeru?" the butler asked.

"Takeru?"

He glanced at Ayumi leaning against the edge of the pool and chatting with Rei. "Shikibu-san had mentioned him, when she provisionally carried out the distribution of the rooms. And a Kiriko."

"Takeru and Kiriko are Wataru's siblings," said the high-school student.

"I understand. Then it would be two families." He rolled his eyes thoughtfully. "Could maybe be a bit tight. When I think about the possibilities to get out of each others way."

Midori nodded and closed her book. "Well... we'd have more space here, than in the other place, right, Yuna-chan?"

"Do you mean our old house?"

"Exactly."

"It would be a little tighter, yes," confirmed the blue-haired girl. "And it's still being renovated."

"All of this will not happen too soon. Surely you have a notice period at Morino-san's, right?"

Helpless, Yuna twisted her mouth. "I don't know."