129 At the End (Present)

With tear-stained face, the high-school student was roaming through the streets. Her heart pounded wildly in her chest. It was impossible for her to think straight, eaten up by the burden of guilt she had gathered.

She had failed on all counts and disappointed everyone. Hikari was dead. Yui was transformed. Nisha had lost control of her own powers. Haruka hated her more than ever. Wataru had raised his hand against her.

The blue-haired girl dropped to her knees in a side street and writhed, sobbing on and on. It hurt so much. The pain, she felt, was unbearable. Even her power failed to protect her. When she had jumped out of the window, she had cut herself in several places and her left knee was scraped by the impact on the floor.

I can't go on anymore.

She slammed her right fist on the asphalt while her left hand rested on her face. "I don't want to live anymore."

"You really should take the advice of your friend and calm down."

"YOU! This is all your fault! If you weren't..."

"Would you have been dead for a long time?"

"I wish I was dead! Then all this wouldn't have happened!" The girl straightened up, looked up into the sky and whispered, "I wish I was dead. Then they would all still live."

"You are a fool."

"I'm a monster!" she shouted in a trembling voice.

"Obviously, there is no point in talking to you."

"Get lost! Get out of my life!" She ran her hands through her hair. "I don't want you in me anymore!"

"That is not possible."

"I don't believe you. You constantly lie to me." With eyes wide open, she stared at her open palms. "You're in me somewhere." She pressed the fingernails of her right hand against her left forearm and scratched herself. "I'll get you out," she hissed loudly.

"That will not work, Yuna."

"Yes." She dug her fingernails deeper into her flesh and moved on. Gradually, red welts appeared on her skin, which soon began to bleed. "I'll get you out of me, and if I have to peel off my own skin."

She knelt on the asphalt and like a mad man she scratched her left forearm, which was bleeding more and more. She changed sides and began scratching her right forearm the same way. In her delusion, she didn't notice someone approached her.

"I'll get you out. I don't want you in my life anymore," she repeated loudly, her eyes sparkling with madness.

A man stepped closer to her. "Can I help you, child?" he asked hesitantly.

She ignored her visitor and continued scratching herself. "I'll get you out."

"Oh my God. You have to stop, girl!" The man squatted beside her. "Girl, can you hear me?" Since she still didn't respond to him and kept on wounding herself while babbling on, he grabbed her left wrist. "Stop it!"

Startled, the blue-haired girl jumped and stared with wide eyes into his face. "Get away from me!" She broke away and hit him in the chest with both hands, whereupon he was lifted from the ground, whirled through the air, and thrown into a vending machine, whose shop window cracked on impact.

The man groaned loudly and took a few seconds to catch his breath. "Child..."

Stumbling, Yuna moved away from him until she came to her feet and looked at him with a wildly throbbing heart. "STAY AWAY FROM ME!"