34 A Visit to Kazuki Chigusa's Office (Present)

While the older Masuda girl had lived through the memories of that day, she had told her sister only the essentials. All the events about the oni were not intended for the ears of the younger one.

"Too bad I wasn't there," Yui admitted.

Yuna gave her a guilty look. "Yes. I'm very sorry."

The blonde shook her head. "You couldn't help it. It wasn't in your power. Right?"

The older one noticed her sister's almost pleading gaze. "No. I was the last person to have a saying on that day."

"Okay."

Further ahead they could already see the main entrance of the office building, where Kazuki Chigusa's office was located. Two women in suits were standing next to a smoker's box. At the edge of the street, a man was lurking with a photo camera, who gave the two girls a curious look. Once they were close enough, he raised the camera and took a shot of the sisters.

"What are you doing?" Yuna asked, as Yui hid behind her.

"You're Yuna Masuda, aren't you?" The man raised the camera and photographed them again.

"How do you know?" She noticed on the brink that the two women were watching the scene, but didn't interfere.

"You are the Takagi heiress. Behind you is your sister." He continued to aim at her and tried to get Yui in front of the lens.

"Stop," Yui wailed from her cover.

The blue-haired took a step forward, grabbed the camera at the lens and tore it out of his hands. "Stop it!"

"My camera!" He clipped to the device and tried to recapture it. "Give it back!"

They wrestled for the camera until Yuna pushed the man against his chest, whereupon he stumbled back but could catch himself. He wanted to lunch another attack as the high-school girl raised the camera and then smashed it to the ground, where it broke loudly.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" the man yelled furiously.

"And you?! Leave us alone!" snapped the blue-haired girl.

Two security officers stormed through the front door and grabbed the photographer. He tried to defend himself, but he had no chance against two strong men. "I'm a reporter!" he shouted. "This is against the freedom of the press!"

"Leave our customers alone." One of the security guards held him tightly at the wrist while the other turned to the girls. "Are you alright, Masuda-san?"

Irritated, the two of them stared at the man. Yuna recovered first. "Yes. Thank you." Yui nodded shyly behind her.

"You're welcome. Please go inside. We'll take care of this."

"I have rights!" protested the reporter loudly. The two smoking women had moved.

"Keep your mouth shut, or we'll call the police."

The reporter was pushed a bit, whereupon he glared at the security officers. "You'll hear from my lawyer!" He ducked and gathered the remains of his camera before he stormed off.

The girls had taken cover inside the building and were now looking outside. What the hell was that? Yuna glanced at her sister, who wore a frightened expression on her face as she looked around the entrance hall.

"Everything all right, Yui?"

The blonde looked at her sister and nodded tightly. "Yes. What was that?"