55 Detective Yui (Present)

"Why didn't I think of that?" Megumi said as she clicked on her cell phone.

Akemi and Yui turned to look at each other and shrugged. "What's this about now?" the tall girl asked.

"I could have interviewed Shimada-san. Now... Shimada-Girl99 has struck. And she even uploaded selfies." Annoyed, the redhead scrolled through the pictures liking each of them. "Oh... your sister is on them too."

"Really?" Yui leaned over to make sure. "Ah... this is Hikari, her best friend."

"Man... couldn't you have brought me together with him?" The glasses wearer looked at her friend reproachfully.

"He's my sister's boyfriend, not mine." The blonde didn't have the slightest desire to talk about them. "Can we leave the subject?" Akemi looked silently over.

"Man, you're bitchy today. Did you get your period?"

"Just spare me with your trash talk, okay? Did you do the homework?"

Amused, the girl from the swim team snorted. "Not her."

"Yesterday Durarara ran," Megumi fought off.

"That's only thirty minutes. After that, you can still do homework." Yui worried a bit about her friend's grades because she was really bad at school. She was afraid that Megumi would eventually become a NEET.

"Don't worry. My grades are almost sufficient. I can do that."

"Have you ever thought about joining the swim team, Yui-chan?" Akemi asked.

"I don't think that's for me."

Actually, the Masuda sister liked to swim, but right now there were more important things to do. She was at a dead end with her investigation into Yoshiro's death, and the disagreements with her sister continued. For example, yesterday they hadn't seen each other. Yuna had probably been to Hikari, or elsewhere, and then she went straight back to Wataru.

It hurt Yui that they had this quarrel, but if her sister was so relentless, then the younger one had to be hard too. Anyway, she had used her time last night to study the will of her deceased uncle. She would have liked to drive to Yoshiro's property to have a look, but she would rather not go on this trip alone.

Instead, she had picked out another object that had sparked her interest. Yuna had once mentioned that the items from their old house had been lodged by Yoshiro in a warehouse. In the testament, there was a large property that contained several warehouses. She wanted to take a look around after school.

The blonde got out of the tram and checked her position with her cell phone. She looked along the road and started walking. After several blocks, she turned left, and soon the first warehouses and factories appeared.

After a few minutes she reached a property, which was fenced but had no access gate. The whole forecourt was covered with gravel. The ground crunched as she set her foot on it. It smelled of stone and dust. She looked at a large building that loomed in front of her. She noticed that nowhere was a name written. Very unusual. In addition, nothing moved on the entire area. No people, no vans or trucks, nothing. Again she let her eyes wander and saw two more warehouses that were a bit smaller.

Yui first decided to inspect the largest building. She walked to the front door and tried to open it. Locked.

Great. Where can I find a key?

She scanned the area around the door, but didn't notice where a key could have been deposited. She took a few steps back and peered at the other warehouses. Had Yuna ever been here? Where were their things?