49 Unexpected Help (Present)

Hirose-sensei conducted a monologue on the personal friendship between former US President Ronald Reagan and former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, and how it had influenced the relationship between Japan and the United States during their reign and beyond. Bored, Yuna drew a doodle from Nisha in her cat girl form. From time to time she squinted to the class representative, who was completely focused on the teacher and made notes on the side.

The blue-haired girl looked around the classroom. Gorou played on his cell phone under his tabletop while Rin dozed. At last, the Masuda girl looked at the empty seat next to her. She wondered if Hikari would be better today. She hoped so much.

A loud knock came from the door. Hirose-sensei stopped, went to the door and opened it.

"Yes, Jinzai-san?"

"Yuna Masuda is to come to my office," came the voice of the school principal. The blue-haired girl glanced at her teacher, who looked at her, then noticed that all the students were staring at her.

"Masuda-kun. You are required in the office of the rector. Please go."

Some students mumbled, but Nisha looked worried. Sighing, Yuna pushed herself up from her table and walked to the door. "Come back to class when you're done," Hirose-sensei instructed her.

"Yes, Sensei."

She looked at her school principal with whom she had only to deal once, after she had come back to school before the holidays and he wanted to welcome her personally. Otherwise she only saw him at school events. He was definitely not a teacher, but more of a manager, judging by his wardrobe. He might as well have worked for a bank or insurance company in his suit.

"What's going on?" she asked him.

"Follow me, Masuda-kun."

She followed the man to his office. He opened the door for her and let her enter first. Snorting, she rolled her eye as she saw the other student in the room. "Hey, Mononobe-san."

"Masuda-san," the reporter greeted shortly.

Yuna dropped onto one of the empty chairs in front of the principal's desk and leaned over to the other girl, hissing, "Didn't think you were a sneak."

"Masuda-kun. Hold back," the school principal lectured her. He walked around the table and sat in his chair. "You know why you're here?"

"Please enlighten me."

"Mononobe-kun came to me and told me that you had threatened her. Is that true?"

Well ... he got down to business quickly. "Yes," Yuna admitted frankly. Surprised, Anzu sucked in a breath, and Jinzai-san also raised an eyebrow.

"You don't deny that?" he assured himself.

"No. I threatened her." The Masuda girl gave a friendly smile.

The principal shook his head. "Why?"

"She wants to write an article about me that is not true. I asked her not to do it. She refused, so I threatened her," the blue-haired explained.

"It's true!" Anzu claimed. "This is about the freedom of the press!"

Soothing, the school principal raised his hands. "One moment. You didn't mention that she asked you not to publish the article."

"That's irrelevant. She must not threaten me!"

Yuna leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest. "I think I have a right for my privacy."