14 The First Day of School (Past)

As Yuna and Hikari walked down the hallway, the black-haired squawked without a point and a comma. The other girl listened to her halfhearted since she was worried about how her sister was doing, and how she would be welcomed by her classmates this morning. Finally, they reached the classroom door. The blue-haired stopped and looked reluctantly into the room, while her friend walked in.

Two girls greeted Hikari with surname and then looked at Yuna, who replied the look. Immediately the girls began to whisper.

"Are you coming?" Hikari asked, turning to her.

The blue-haired swallowed. "Yes." Timidly, she entered the room and looked at the curious gazes of her classmates.

"Hey, Masuda-san," greeted some. "Are you all right, Masuda-san?" - "Nice that you're back, Masuda-san."

"Good morning, everyone."

She sneaked back with Hikari to their school tables, where they sat down. Yuna stared at her table top, but could feel the intrigued gazes of her classmates. Her heart pounded quickly, her hands were moist and she felt quite warm.

"Hey ... relax." Hikari put her hand on Yuna's.

The blue-haired looked at her friend. "Hm."

Cheerfully, the other girl smiled. "They won't eat you."

Nisha jumped up and shouted, "Arise!"

Immediately the conversations ceased and all the students stood up from their tables. Shortly afterwards, a man of about forty years entered the room. He already had a half-bald head, but a dense, dark beard. He wore a white shirt without a tie that stretched a little over his stomach. He deposited his bag on the desk in front of the class and then clapped his hands.

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Sensei," the class answered in chorus.

"Narusegawa-kun."

Nisha nodded. "Sit down!" The students sat down almost synchronously.

The teacher glanced at his students. He spotted Yuna and smiled at her. "Good morning, Masuda-kun."

"Good morning, Hirose-sensei."

"Everything okay?"

"Yes, Sensei."

"Good. Well, I have to go back to the teacher's room for a meeting. For this lesson is self-study. If anyone has not done his homework yet, he should take advantage of this opportunity." He looked at a handful of students and then left the classroom.

Nisha cleared her throat. "You heard the sensei. Get to work."

"Yeah, yeah." - "Nerd." - "Yes, boss."

A couple of students opened their books and began to read, while others really did their unfinished homework. Others chatted with their table neighbors about this and that. Some looked at Yuna again. Gorou Egawa, who was sitting in front of Yuna, turned to her.

"So ... what happened to you, Masuda-san?" he asked. Yuna looked at his big, light-brown eyes, his high forehead, and his brown hair.

"Shut up, Egawa-kun," Hikari snapped.

"I'm only asking. Don't lose it again, psycho."

"Fuck you." The black-haired stared at him angrily.