76 Trial Work (Present)

"And thanks again for letting me use the pool," Ayumi said goodbye.

"Not worth mentioning, Shikibu-san." Tomoya smiled at her, then turned to Midori. "Well, you have my phone number if you have any questions."

"Yes, thank you. Maybe something will come up." She looked at her wards, both of whom were looking at the house facade.

"I'll call a taxi," the hostess commented, pulling her phone out of her purse.

"I could drive you into town, too." The two women looked at Tomoya with wide eyes. "After all, the vehicles are also inherited."

"We can't accept that," the nurse said.

"I beg you, Omura-san. Everything here belongs to your wards. Well, as soon as everything is contractual, but I can't imagine that you will turn down the inheritance."

"No way," Yui said quickly. "I want the books." Shaking her head, Yuna grinned next to her.

Ayumi put her arm around the black-haired. "You wanted to save money, Midori-san. A taxi would be more expensive than using our chauffeur. Forgive the name, Kanade-san."

"As a butler, I perform every reasonable function, Shikibu-san. Even if I am currently out of service. Think of it as a trial." He winked at his statement.

"All right. Then we gladly accept your offer, Kanade-san," agreed Midori.

"Very good. I'll get the car keys briefly, then we'll pick which one of the cars we'll take." Tomoya turned around and walked up the stairs to the front door.

Excited, the redhead turned so that they formed a circle. "Okay, I don't have to say how totally crazy this is, right?"

A deep sigh came from the oldest in the round. "You really should calm down. Don't rush, have you ever heard the term?"

"Don't be like that, Midori-san. This is the best thing that could have happened to us. It has everything here."

"I like it too, Midori-san," Yui squeaked, rolling her eyes.

"It's just way too much outside of the city. I admit, there is a lot that speaks for this house, but this point bothers me a lot."

"Why?" Yuna prompted.

"The way to the city. Your way to school. Our routes to work."

"I'm learning to drive a car," Ayumi said. "I will not take the bus."

Yuna briefly calculated how far away the city was. She wasn't sure, but she guessed she would probably have fifteen or twenty minutes to get to school from here on foot, at full speed. That was acceptable. Especially since they were out of town here. Maybe there were beasts out here in the country that she could hunt.

"Besides, you're going to stop working when your baby is born anyway. Then you can enjoy life out here and take care of the children. I really don't see your problem," the hostess grumbled.

"Maybe I want to work part-time, have you ever thought of that?"

"What for? You don't need that." Ayumi looked at the girls. "All of us never need to work again, if we don't want to."

Midori clenched her fists and hissed, "My God! Can't you act like a child for once?!" The hostess jumped in surprise. "The money belongs to Yuna and Yui. Neither you, me, or anyone else will see a yen of that, okay? These two decide what they do with it."

"Hey. Don't fight now," the blue-haired girl interjected, while her sister stood intimidated beside her.

"It's enough for everyone. We can all live off it," Yui muttered softly.