108 Sword Battles (Present)

Once again, Yuna mutated into an example of boundless dissatisfaction. Much to her regret, Yukiko was determined to join the Kendo training as she entered the training hall with Rin. The two girls didn't speak, which made the huntress wonder a little, as Rin was usually very open and talkative. Except something would have happened between them. It wouldn't surprise Yuna - Yukiko obviously had a knack for making enemies.

When Naoki Niimura noticed that his last team member was back, he cleared his throat.

"Good, gather class!" His dark brown eyes followed the movements of each one as the students stood in front of him. Like an army, they formed a uniform rectangle. Yukiko tried to stand next to Yuna, but Rin pushed herself determinedly between them and gave the oni another, measuring look.

"Sit down!" All the students dropped to their knees and clenched their fists on their thighs. After everyone was seated, Niimura turned to the present teacher and bowed. "Class ready for training, Sensei."

"Thank you, Niimura-kun. I'll deal with Masatada-kun today while you lead the standard training," said the teacher.

"Understood, Sensei." Niimura turned back to class. "You heard the Sensei. Masatada-kun should go over to him. The rest warms up and then I want to see Kirikaeshi." He came over to Yuna. "Since you've been away for so long, I want you to teach Aizawa the Suburi, Masuda-kun."

"I'd rather join the Kirikaeshi, Niimura-senpai," she replied.

"I don't think I gave you a choice, Masuda-kun."

Rin joined them. "Maybe I should train with Aizawa, Niimura-senpai. Yuna-chan is also out of practice and she should get back in shape herself before she teaches."

Naoki briefly looked at Rin and considered her suggestion. "No. You go to the Sensei. I'll personally take care of them."

"O-okay, Niimura-senpai." Rin glanced guiltily at her friend, then shrugged and went to the Sensei. The other students stretched and checked their Shinai so that they could start the exercises.

"Well. Get a Shinai and then come to me." Naoki went to the other students.

"Then show me the way, Masuda-sama."

Yuna looked at the crooked grin of her enemy, then turned her back resolutely on her and stomped to the rack where the Shinai were housed. She was pretty sure that the crazy oni wouldn't attack her here. At least not with magic. And she really didn't fear the bamboo swords.

She grabbed the hilt of one of the training swords and pulled it out. As was the case hundreds of times, she carefully checked the bamboo slates for damage. If she discovered any, it was necessary to report the defect so that it could be fixed.

Yukiko came to stand next to her and grabbed one of the swords, then stared at Yuna. "Can we start, red eye?"

"I'm not done yet." The taller girl continued to inspect her exercise equipment as the oni swiped, but Yuna instinctively parried.

"HEY!" Naoki roared across the hall. "Don't do any nonsense! Come here!"

Yukiko grunted in amusement, casually swung her bamboo sword over her shoulder, then turned and walked over to their coach. Her opponent foamed inwardly, but she pulled herself together, turned the tip of the Shinai to the ground and then followed the oni.

"I don't want to see that again, okay?" Naoki complained.

"She provoked me." Yukiko gave the other student a reproachful look.