16 The First Day of School (Present)

Yuna stepped into the schoolyard and looked for her classmates. She spotted Rin Masatada, who was talking to a few other girls from the school-kendo team. She had to keep an eye on when they had training. Before the summer holidays, Yuna had been out of the Kendo training, but now she wanted to join again. It could do no harm if she kept herself a little in shape. Not that the blue-haired was out for a fight - Kendo was not about fighting, but about strengthening the mind.

"Good morning, Yuna," Nisha greeted her as she came closer from behind.

Yuna stopped and turned to her friend. "Hey, kitten." Both girls laughed.

"Everything all right?"

"I guess so," the blue-haired replied.

Nisha frowned. "You're not sure?"

"Well ... I'm worried about Yui. And I'll probably get my period."

Cheerfully the cat girl laughed. "Perfect timing. Me too."

"Honestly?"

The green-eyed nodded. "I have a large stock of tampons if you need one."

"Oh God, no. I don't use tampons."

Nisha took a step to get to the classroom. Her friend walked with her. "Why not? They're handy."

"I'm not putting anything in there."

The class spokeswoman giggled into her hand. "I didn't understand it yesterday."

Yuna squinted over. "Understand what?"

"What you meant by 'pressurize'."

"Huh?" The blue-haired blinked uncomprehendingly.

"Well, your boyfriend. He wants sex, right?"

The other girl blushed. "Scht! Don't say that out loud!" she hissed, looking around. No one seemed to be interested in their conversation.

"There is nothing to it. This is quite normal." Yuna inflated her cheeks and shook her head, eye closed. "For real. That's part of it."

"Do you want to tell me that you already had ...?" She looked at the cat girl with an open eye.

"Yes, of course. I even have children."

"COME AGAIN?" Yuna rumbled, turning red. She noticed that a few other students were looking at them. She would have rather sunken into the ground.

Nisha held her friend by the wrist, stood on the toes and whispered in her ear. "You must know, up to my fourteenth birthday, I was an ordinary cat. I had four litters and seventeen kittens." The class spokeswoman retreated and looked at her classmate.

Yuna stared at the other girl. She had never thought about the Hengeyōkai and this opening shocked her completely. Nisha was definitely not an ordinary girl.

"Wow. Do you still have contact?" asked the blue-haired.

"Sure. They send me a postcard for Christmas." Irritated, Yuna glanced at her friend. "Oh my God. You should see your face." The cat girl laughed loudly and held her stomach.

"This is not funny."

"Yes, it is. No. Cats are not like that. No idea where they are, or what they do. It's not my problem either."

"But ... they are your children," Yuna stuttered.

"I have raised them up and taught them everything they need to survive. They have certainly come out very well." The gray-haired smiled confidently.