35 The Testament: Exposure (Present)

The three women were led into a discreetly furnished meeting room after a several-minute elevator ride. A large, black table formed the center. There were five chairs on each side. In the middle stood two water jugs, as well as a tray with glasses. The secretary turned around.

"Please take a seat. Chigusa-sama will come to you right away."

"Thank you," said Midori, bowing her head. The secretary did the same and left the room. Yui stepped over to the window and looked out. In the sky above she could see a plane. She looked down, but there was no sign of the road.

Her sister pulled out the middle chair on the left side and sat down on it. She threw her backpack on the next chair.

The nurse cleared her throat. "Maybe we should all sit side by side, Yuna-chan."

"The view is really great from up here," the middle-school girl mentioned amazed, but the other two didn't listen to her at all.

"Okay." The older girl picked up her backpack and hung it on her chair. Then she leaned forward to fill a glass of water.

"Were you here before?" Midori sat down beside Yuna on a chair.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" the guardian asked.

"Should I?" The blue-haired looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well ... that's important." With her green eyes, the black-haired woman looked at Yui. "We have no idea what this is about."

The blonde turned and nodded. "True."

"The Takagi Foundation. Forms and contracts, and so on." Yuna drank some water. "Pure formality."

The door was opened and Kazuki Chigusa, Haruka Narusegawa, as well as the secretary entered. The visitors turned to them, whereupon the newcomers stopped. Haruka looked at Midori, then she glanced at Kazuki, who was imperceptibly shrugging.

The secretary carried a laptop to the bottom of the table, where she sat down.

"Good evening, everybody," sounded Chigusa-san's deep voice. He looked at the high-school girl. "Masuda-san."

Yuna rose from her chair and bent her head. "Good evening, Chigusa-san. Narusegawa-san." Midori also rose.

"Well ... you'll have to introduce me, Masuda-san." The financial advisor grinned.

"Oh, yes ..." The blue-haired pointed to the nurse. "This is Midori Omura, the guardian of me and my sister." She looked to the window front, from where the middle-school student looked shyly. "This is Yui Masuda, my sister."

"I understand. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance." Kazuki smiled into the round and bowed. "I am Kazuki Chigusa, Takagi-san's financial consultant and executor of wills. This here next to me is Haruka Narusegawa, the mayor of our city." Haruka nodded.

Yui and Midori also bowed. "Very pleased to make your acquaintance."

The man pointed to the woman who had sat down at the table. "This is Mika Narita, my assistant. She will keep the record." The young woman with her dark brown hair rose and bowed. "Let's sit down, okay?" They all nodded. Yui came around the table to sit to the left of Yuna, while Midori sat down on the right.

Kazuki led Haruka to the other side, where he offered her the chair opposite Midori. He sat down right in front of Yuna. "How are you?"

The blue-haired shrugged. "As always."