Epilogue

Shinji Shiba and Kenji Tanaka were sitting at the desk in the undertaker's office. An almost empty bottle of sake and two drinking glasses were between them. Shinji's glass was nearly full.

"I'm telling you, Shi-chan, I'm through with the humans," the fire devil confessed. He had almost drank the whole bottle alone after he had crashed in a pub before.

"Hm." Serenely, the telepath looked at his friend.

"Honestly. You were right." He waved his finger in front of the undertaker's nose. "I should never have fallen in love with that bitch. Humans are shit!"

Shinji sipped on his glass. "It might have worked out."

"Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that? You knew from the beginning. You can read minds, damn it!"

"True." He refilled Kenji's glass, which he immediately emptied.

"If only someone had the balls and would kick this fucking humans in the ass."

The red-scaled oni noted with satisfaction that the other oni seriously meant his words. "Well... there is somebody."

"Ah yes? Who?"

The undertaker pushed his chair back and got up from the table. He walked around the furniture to his friend. "There is someone I want to introduce you to, Kenji-kun."

"Hey, Bromance is cool and stuff, but there's nothing going on between us." The drunk chuckled amused.

Without a comment, Shinji grabbed the air next to him and then tore his hand down, causing the world to be torn apart. A black hole arose, the edge of which was entwined by reddish flames.

The fire devil almost fell from his chair in surprise. "What the hell?!" He rubbed his eyes and stared at the structure. "What's this?!"

With a smug smile, the undertaker pointed to the crack. "This is a portal."

"Since when can you create portals?" Kenji marveled.

"For a while."

A reminder briefly eclipsed the consciousness of the pyromancer. "Wait... Tirr could do that too!"

"Indeed." Shinji stepped in front of his friend. "There is someone I want to introduce you to. And he wants to meet you."

With his mouth wide open in amazement, the fire devil fought his way out of his chair and headed for the portal. Uncertain he looked to the other oni. "And now?"

"Let's go on a trip, my friend. A journey at the end of which you will see the world with different eyes," predicted the telepath.

Curious, Kenji inspected the portal before turning around. "What is at the end of this trip?"

The shark grin flashed. "The true ruler of the oni."