Goodbye~Part 1

I turned to see Gabriel looking at Lukas's jacket intently. His eyes widened as he exclaimed, "That jacket! I recognize it!" Lukas turned around and I said, "Lukas always wears that jacket." Gabriel shook his head and said, "No, there were other people wearing that exact same jacket when I was thrown from the monster! It hurts just to think about..." Ellegaard walked over and helped lead him to a different part of the cave to rest. "Jesse, you know what this means?" Lukas asked. "Lukas, your friends could still be alive!" I exclaimed. "I know! And I have to go after them! They might need me, Jesse." Lukas said as he turned around and began searching through a chest. I walked up to him and heard him mutter something before closing the chest and looking back at me. "Lukas, what are you doing?" I asked. "I told you, I'm going after my friends. I thought the other Ocelots were dead, and if they aren't, then I have to go find them." Lukas replied. "Lukas, I can't let you do that. You're part of our team." I said. "And you saying that reminds me that I just left my old team." Lukas replied.

He sighed and said, "Look, you and I, we've made a good team. I'd even call us friends, so you have to know why I'd go help my old friends." I didn't want Lukas to leave, because he might die, but then again, I would risk my neck to save my friends too. "I understand. Go." I said. Lukas walked to the horses and grabbed the reins of his before walking out. I couldn't let him go without telling him. "Lukas, wait!" I called, running outside of the cave after him. He was about to hop on his horse but stopped and turned back to me. I ran to him and hugged him tightly, closing my eyes to try and prevent tears. He hugged me back, putting his head on mine. He pulled away, but I still kept my arms wrapped around him. I looked up into his blue eyes as tears started to fall down my cheeks. Lukas smiled, and he gently cupped my right cheek with his hand. He used his thumb to wipe away the tears from my cheek, and I managed a small smile. "Come back safe?" I pleaded. "I promise." Lukas replied. I hugged him one last time, before he pulled away. But I grabbed Lukas's jacket collar and pulled him to me. I gently pressed my lips to his, shutting my eyes, trying to save this moment I might never get to spend with Lukas again. He melted into the kiss and we spent a few moments saving this moment.

We pulled away and I whispered, "Please, come back to me." Lukas gently brushed a piece of my hair that had fallen in my face behind my ear. "I promise." Lukas promised. I let go of him as he hopped on his horse and galloped away, towards the Witherstorm. I watched on the edge of the cliff as he galloped away, and I cried. "Please come back safe...." I whispered.