Day Off

(Before I start, sorry for neglecting this book! I had no inspiration! Plus I was stuck in the Transformers phase! Now I'm back in the Lukesse phase! Part two of Prisoner will be out soon!)

Jesse smiled as she listened to Lukas. He was currently reading the final revision of his book for her, Axel, Petra, and Olivia. "And so the Order defeated the Admin, ensuring an age of peace for the worlds. With their adventure over, the Order continued with their lives while also remaining in touch with each other. Though it may seem their days of adventuring are over, you never know when an adventure will find them and bring the group together once again," Lukas finished. He looked up from the book to his friends. "So what do you guys think?" he asked. "I think it needs a bit more action or TNT," Axel replied. "Axel!" Olivia said in a warning tone. "I think it was great, Lukas," Petra said. Lukas smiled and he turned his gaze to Jesse. "What do you think, Jess?" he asked. Jesse thought about it for a moment. "I think it's awesome. Just the right amount of everything that makes an amazing book," Jesse replied. Lukas smiled brightly at Jesse's feedback. "Thanks for the feedback you guys. I will get to putting the final touches on it," he said.

"AH AH AH!"

The group all turned around to see eighteen familiar faces. Ivor, Gabriel, Soren, Ellegaard, Magnus, Aiden, Maya, Gill, Isa, Milo, Reginald, Stampy, Stacy, Harper, Nell, Jack, Nurm, and Radar were all standing there. The exclamation had come from Ivor. "No you don't. From what we hear, you guys have been working very hard. You all deserve a day off," Ivor said. "Which is why we're going to the beach!" Harper finished. The Order looked at each other. Sure, they were extremely busy, but should they take the day off? "Everything will be fine. Lukas, your revisions can wait for a day, Petra, you don't need to go adventuring every single day, Olivia, Redstonia is doing just fine without you, Axel, everything in Boom Town is as it should, and Jesse, Beacontown can go a day without its Hero In Residence," Stacy said. The group smiled before turning back to the others. "Fine. Let's go get our stuff first," Jesse said. With that, the Order ran out to their rooms in the fortress. Despite four of the five members not being permanent residents of the fortress, they all had their own room filled with their own things for when someone came. They quickly grabbed their swimsuits and changed into them before grabbing a towel each and some supplies they believed they needed.

The group met back up with the others in the foyer of the fortress. However, Jesse wasn't there. "Where's Jesse?" Stampy asked. The group looked around. Petra saw Jesse hiding around the corner. "JESSE HURRY UP!" she shouted. Jesse walked around the corner and up to the group. She clutched the towel around her body. "Let's go!" Maya exclaimed. They walked out of town and left the road, going through the forest until they came to a lake. The lake was surrounded by trees, providing privacy for the group to escape the fans. The group split up and went to do their own things. Some lay on the warm sand resting, others played in the sand and the rest played in the water. Jesse stood on the sand with Petra and Olivia. "You guys, I know you did something to my swimsuit," she muttered. Petra and Olivia smirked evilly. "What? Us?" Petra asked innocently. "I know it was you! Why did you have to hide mine and give me this?" Jesse asked. "We thought you might like it," Olivia replied innocently. "You guys! You've known me for how long now and I know you know I would never agree to wear something like this," Jesse hissed.

Jesse walked over to a small dock that overhung the water and sat on the edge, the towel wrapped around her. There was no way she was taking that towel off. She lightly kicked her feet under the water. That was basically the only thing she could do. All of a sudden, someone grabbed her ankle and pulled her down. Her cry of surprise was cut off as she hit the water, her towel falling on the dock. Jesse quickly swam up and took a deep breath of air as she resurfaced. The water was surprisingly cold. She crossed her arms as she shivered. Jesse turned to the culprit and glared at him. Her black hair was now wet and some strands fell down in front of her face. Lukas laughed. "Lukas, I swear to Notch," Jesse muttered. Her cheeks started to turn pink as she realized she was now without the towel. She turned away from Lukas and started to swim back to shore. Axel intercepted her and he picked her up and threw her back in the water. Jesse quickly resurfaced and glared at him. They were all laughing. Jesse sighed and swam to a different part of the shore. One which no one else was at. She sat in the water, the water going up to her shoulders. She didn't want to go any further on shore. She looked down at the water and sighed.

Lukas watched her from a distance. He felt bad that he had pulled Jesse into the water when it ever so clearly bothered her. He started swimming over and he sat beside her. "Hey," he said. Jesse didn't reply, let alone look at him. "Listen, I'm sorry for pulling you in," Lukas apologized. Jesse sighed. "It's fine, Lukas," she replied. Lukas smiled at her. "Want to hang out on shore?" he asked. Jesse gave a small nod. "Come on, I'll carry you to make it up to you," he said, standing up. Jesse quickly realized what she had done. "N-No, it's fine," she tried saying. Lukas insisted. He really wanted to make it up to her. After almost a minute of arguing, Lukas scooped Jesse up in his arms. "Lukas!" Jesse exclaimed. She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked away from Lukas. Her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. They eventually reached the dock where Lukas set Jesse down. The young woman walked over to where her towel was and picked it up. She wrapped it around her waist and sighed. Lukas walked up and stood beside Jesse. Jesse looked at the ground as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Lukas smiled as he turned to look at Jesse. "Care to swim?" he asked. Jesse looked up at Lukas. He held out his hand to her. Jesse looked at his hand for a moment before looking back up at Lukas. She smiled as she gently took Lukas's hand. Jesse untied the towel and placed it on the dock right before Lukas scooped her up in his arms. Jesse laughed as Lukas jumped off the dock and into the water. Bubbles swirled around them as they dove underwater. Lukas took Jesse's hand and they swam up, resurfacing under the dock. There was an air socket so they'd be able to breathe. Lukas and Jesse smiled and laughed. They looked into each others' eyes. Lukas held Jesse's chin up as he placed his forehead against hers. Jesse slowly leaned forward and pressed her lips against Lukas'.

Jesse wrapped her arms around Lukas's neck as he wrapped his free arm around her waist. The kiss seemed to last forever to them when it lasted only a moment before they pulled away. They leaned their foreheads against each other and smiled. "I love you, Lukas," Jesse whispered. "And I love you too, Jess," Lukas whispered in reply. They leaned closer and kissed again. What a great day off.