Brother's Approval

Jesse smiled at the brown haired boy next to her. She hadn't seen him in so long. "So how's my baby sis been doing?" the boy asked with a smile. "You're older by four and a half minutes!" Jesse retorted. "I'm still older," the boy replied with a smirk. Jesse rolled her eyes. Sometimes she didn't know how she put up with her twin brother.

"Soooooo, what's happened around here?" J asked. "A lot," Jesse sighed. "I have a lot of time," J said. Jesse smiled and started to tell the story. Starting at the EnderCon Building Competition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow."

J had no words after hearing what his sister had done. "Yeah," Jesse said. She rubbed the back of her neck self-consciously. "So where are the other members of the new Order?" J asked. "Well, they're all in different places. Olivia's at Redstonia, Axel's in Boom Town, Petra is who-knows-where, and Lukas is most likely at his place a few miles out of town. They occasionally come visit, but it's not that often since we all have a lot of duties," Jesse replied.

"When's the next time they visit?" J asked. "Well, Petra never has a set time when she visits. She just kinda appears. Olivia and Axel always try and come as soon as they can, which can be a bit hard for them since they're Heroes-In-Residence of their towns, and Lukas visits the most often when he isn't writing since he lives just a few miles out of town. Olivia and Axel just visited a few days ago and won't be back for another few weeks, but Lukas is gonna come tomorrow," Jesse replied. J nodded. "Well, I can't wait to meet them," J said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lukas walked up to the entrance of the fortress. He was excited to see Jesse again. Lukas walked into the fortress and started to walk around, searching for Jesse. She had told him he and the others could let themselves in so they wouldn't be standing outside for too long. Lukas eventually reached the treasure room. He knew it was Jesse's favorite room. But she was nowhere to be found. "Where could she be?" Lukas muttered. Radar then walked into the room, reading over a small clipboard. He looked up and saw Lukas.

"Oh, Lukas! I was wondering when you'd arrive," Radar greeted. "It's nice to see you too, Radar. Where's Jesse?" Lukas asked. "Oh, she went out for a walk in the forest. She went with a young man around her age," Radar replied. Lukas raised an eyebrow. "Do you know who he is?" Lukas asked. Radar shook his head. "No. I just found out about him today, right before Jesse left. Maybe a close friend?" Radar replied. Lukas nodded and walked out of the fortress. He left the town and walked along the path that led through the forest.

He eventually reached a small clearing. Jesse was sitting on the grass with a young man next to her. The young man had messy brown hair and was wearing a white, long-sleeved shirt with a pair of blue jeans held up by red suspenders and brown shoes. Their backs were to him. Jesse laughed at something the young man said. Lukas felt slightly jealous at the sight before him. He wanted to be sitting next to Jesse, making her laugh. He turned away to walk back to the town when Jesse turned around to see Lukas standing there.

"Hey, Lukas!" she greeted. Lukas stopped and turned back to Jesse. Jesse's green eyes were bright and her smile widened at the sight of Lukas. The young man next to her turned around and looked at Lukas. He looked kinda similar to Jesse. "Come over here. Someone wants to meet you!" Jesse called, making a motion to come over with her hand. Lukas put on a smile as he walked over and sat across from Jesse and the young man.

"You must be Lukas," the young man said. He held out a hand and Lukas shook it.

"And you are?" Lukas asked. "J," J replied. "I'm so glad to see you again, Lukas," Jesse said. "It's great to see you too, Jess," Lukas replied.

"It's very nice to finally meet you, Lukas. Jesse speaks the world about you," J said. Lukas felt quite flattered Jesse spoke so much about him, even if it was to this J. Jesse blushed a faint pink and lightly slapped J's shoulder. "J....." she said in a warning tone. J laughed at Jesse's reaction.

"Please excuse J, Lukas. He can be quite annoying at times," Jesse sighed. "Come on. You know you love me," J teased. Lukas felt his heart clench at the sight of the two. He ducked his head down, trying to keep tears from falling down his cheeks.

"J, I think you're making Lukas uncomfortable," Jesse said. "Oh, sorry," J apologized. "I-It's fine," Lukas replied, trying to make sure his voice didn't sound strained. Jesse's gaze grew worried as she gazed at Lukas. He was acting strange.

"Lukas, is there something wrong?"

Lukas quickly shook his head. "No, no, everything's fine," he replied. Jesse knew he was lying. "Lukas, look at me," she said. Lukas didn't move for a moment before lifting his head to lock eyes with Jesse. She felt her heart tear at the sight of her best friend.

His blue eyes were faintly red with faint tear tracks on his cheeks. Lukas's blue eyes looked so sad and broken.

"Lukas......"

Jesse moved over to Lukas and hugged him tightly. Lukas closed his eyes and hugged Jesse back after a moment.

J smiled as he watched the interaction between the two. When they pulled away, he cleared his throat to catch Jesse's attention.

"Ya know, I think this guy would be a great person to be my brother-in-law."

Jesse's face burned bright red at J's words.

"J!"

J laughed and Lukas looked between the two in absolute confusion.

"B-But, I-I thought- What?!"

Jesse giggled at Lukas' wide eyes and surprised look.

"I guess I forgot to mention J's my brother....."

Lukas stared at Jesse for a moment in silence before facepalming. He groaned in annoyance and fell backward to the ground.

"How did I not see that!?"

"I don't know, you're supposed to be the most intellectual member of the Order!"

Lukas covered his face with his hands and groaned again. Jesse kneeled next to him and smiled.

"I'ma just leaaaaave you guys alone..... Cya back at Beacontown!"

J waved over his shoulder before turning around and heading back to the town. Jesse rolled her eyes and turned to Lukas.

"Lukas, get up."

"Noooooooo...."

"Lukas....."

"Noooooo...... I'm such a dork for even thinking you guys were in a relationshiiiip....."

Jesse rolled her eyes yet again before leaning down and placing her lips on Lukas'. When she pulled away, Lukas' hands were no longer covering his face and he was staring at her in shock.

"Yeah, but you're my dork."

Jesse laid her head on Lukas' chest, snuggling closer to him. Lukas smiled as a faint blush appeared on his cheeks. He pulled Jesse closer, closing his eyes in content.