Rest

I opened my eyes to an almost blinding light. It shone through the open curtains of the window, the warm rays of sun falling down onto the bed where I lay. My back was pressed against something, something warm, and a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist. A smiled played on my lips as I felt the person behind me shift slightly to place their head on my shoulder. "Morning, love," a tired yet warm voice greeted. "Good morning, Bee," I replied in a teasing tone. A faint chuckle came from the man.

"We better get up, shouldn't we Flower?"

"No, let's stay like this for a minute."

And so silence filled the room as we ceased to move. The bed was warm and comfy and I almost wanted to fall asleep again. And his embrace was so comforting, as it always was.

But never will be again.

I shot out of bed, green eyes wide and my breathing heavy. That dream was too real, he was too much like the real one. Tears fell down my cheeks as I looked over to the opposite side of the bed, the one where he had been laying, through my long, black hair.

But he wasn't there.

He has never been there, not in years. He rests somewhere else, somewhere completely different than the large and empty bed. It was a place I could never go to, a place only he could rest. Lying in white, satin sheets,

Six feet under the ground.

~~~~~~~~~

Guys, this isn't a request. I'm still working on the Android, Hamilton, and dying requests. This is merely a short vent oneshot. I really needed to write this just to get something off my chest.