Hamilton

For all the Hamilton lovers out there! Play music! Also, DISCLAIMER: I do not own any music or any of that stuff. I am just a big Hamilton lover and I just wanted to write this.

Jesse looked around the ballroom. Her sisters, Petra and Olivia, were dancing with some soldiers for the revolution. But none of the men just seemed quite right for Jesse. The doors suddenly opened, causing Jesse to look at the doorway. She saw four young men walk in, all either a year or few older than her. But the youngest was the one that caught her green eyes. He was the youngest in the group, being around nineteen, a year older than Jesse. He had blonde hair pulled back into a small ponytail, with bright blue eyes. He was wearing the outfit a revolution soldier would wear.

Jesse could almost feel her heart beat out of her chest at the sight of the young soldier. He walked by her, about ten feet away with his three friends. Jesse quickly grabbed her older sister by the arm, causing the redhead to look at her little sister with a confused look in her sapphire blue eyes. Jesse looked at the blonde soldier and Petra looked at the soldier, following her sister's gaze. "This one's mine," Jesse whispered. Petra smiled before starting to walk over to the soldier, confusing Jesse. She saw her older sister grab his arm, making Jesse start to feel a bit heartbroken. All of a sudden the soldier's blue gaze met Jesse's green gaze.

Jesse started blushing and she looked at the ground. The soldier smiled at the shy girl, even though she didn't see it. Only a few moments later Jesse looked up as Petra approached with the soldier. They stopped in front of her and Jesse curtsied, saying, "Jessica Schuyler. It's a pleasure to meet you." The soldier looked at Petra. "Schuyler?" he asked. "My sister," Petra replied. "Thank you for all your service," Jesse said. "If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it would have been worth it," the soldier replied, gently kissing Jesse's hand. Petra started to walk away, saying, "I'll leave you to it!"

~A week later~

Jesse sat at her desk, writing a letter. Olivia and Petra were standing outside the door to her room. Petra pushed Olivia away after a few moments, Olivia muttering that she wanted to see what Jesse was doing. Jesse looked up from her letter to the stack of letters on her desk, all were from Lukas Hamilton, the young soldier she had met at the ball a week ago. Every letter sent to her made Jesse very happy and excited. She had fallen in love from the moment she saw him. Petra knew this and teased her sister about it. "I'm just saying if you love me you would share him," Petra said. Jesse laughed.

~Two weeks later~

Jesse paced in the living room, her heart pounding. She eventually stopped and peered around the archway into the dining room. Inside her father, Steve, and Lukas were sitting at opposite ends of the dining table. Steve was eating his dinner, Lukas wasn't really eating much. Jesse knew why, she felt just as, possibly more, nervous than Lukas. That was hard to believe since Lukas was the one asking Steve for his blessing. Jesse was on the verge of tears, but she tried to convince herself that Lukas could do anything if he set his mind to it. Steve suddenly stood up and started walking over to where Lukas was sitting. Lukas quickly stood up and waited nervously. Steve glared down at Lukas, making Jesse turn around, thinking her father wouldn't give Lukas his blessing.

"Be true," Steve said to Lukas, holding out his hand. Lukas took it and shook hands with Steve before turning to look at Jesse, who had turned back around. He was smiling, making Jesse's tears turn into tears of joy. She ran forward and hugged Lukas while her father and sisters smiled at the two.

~That evening~

Lukas and Jesse were walking in the garden. "Jesse, I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, a troop to command, a dollop of fame. All I have's my honor, a tolerance for pain, a couple of college credits and my top notch brain," Lukas started nervously. Jesse gently smiled to help assure him it was all okay. "Insane your family brings out a different side of me. Olivia confides in me, Petra tried to get a kiss from me," Lukas started again, but stopped when he saw Jesse turn to look at her house at the mention of Petra. "No stress, my love for you is never in doubt. We'll get a little place in Harlem and we'll figure it out," Lukas continued to assure Jesse he loved her. "I've been living without a family since I was a child. My father left, my mother died, I grew up buckwild. But I'll never forget my mother's face, that was real. And long as I'm alive Jesse, I swear to God you'll never feel so-" Lukas finished, gently taking Jesse's hands in his.

Jesse tackled Lukas into a hug, causing him to fall down with Jesse. Both laughed and smiled. Lukas gently touched Jesse's cheek with his hand, causing her to blush. "My life's going fine 'cuz Jesse's in it," Lukas said. "I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit," Jesse said.

~A week later~

The wedding bells of the church rung. Petra and Olivia walked down the aisle linking arms with two friends of Lukas's, Axel Mulligan and J Laurens. Lukas stood at the altar, waiting for Jesse to come. The flower boy, Ivor, walked down the aisle next, covering the aisle with light pink petals. Steve walked down the aisle, his arm linked with his daughter's. Jesse was wearing a beautiful white wedding gown with a see-through veil covering her face. In her free hand, she held a bouquet of white roses. After reaching the altar Steve smiled through his tears as he let his daughter walk up the steps, hand her bouquet to her maid-of-honor, Petra, and stand on the altar with Lukas. After saying their vows, the two gently kissed, causing the church to erupt into cheers. Jesse and Lukas had pulled away after a few seconds to look at their friends and family cheering. They then turned back to each other and gently kissed again a happy, newlywed couple.