Jesse's Nightmare

Let me tell ya guys, this is a different oneshot than the original one "Nightmare". It's kinda the same thing happening, just a different nightmare and a different outcome. So, sue me.

Jesse opened her eyes, and found herself in a place other than her house. It was a strange world. There was no land, only water, but she was walking on it. Looking up revealed a beautiful star-lit sky, one that was only seen from space, but she could still breathe. The water glowed with an unnatural glow while the stars above shined in shades of blue, purple and pink. Jesse turned around, looking everywhere, but not a soul was to be seen. Suddenly, some stars moved down to the ground. Jesse watched in awe as the stars fell on the water before rising up, moving, creating a shape. The stardust fell from the form, and Jesse saw a person. She gasped, recognizing them. She walked forward, before she was face to face with the person. She reached a hand out, and her hand touched the person. Almost at once, they started to fade back into stardust.

Jesse reached out in a desperate effort to keep the person from disappearing, but they disappeared. She stared at where the person had once stood before her, and tears started to form in her eyes. She sunk to her knees, her head in her hands, as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Jess! Wake up!"

Jesse sat up. She looked around, and found herself in her bedroom. Her green eyes met blue ones, and Jesse immediately felt comforted. She hugged Lukas, who hugged her back. "Are you okay Jess?" Lukas asked. "I'm fine. It's nothing." Jesse replied. "Are you sure? You can talk about it if you want." Lukas said, his blue eyes worried. "Yeah, I'm sure." Jesse replied. The two pulled out of the hug, and Jesse felt herself falling into Lukas's blue depths of eyes. She had a crush on Lukas for the longest time, starting when their first plan to defeat the Witherstorm failed. But she refused to admit to herself she had fallen deeply in love. She only accepted her feelings when she thought Lukas had died, back at Crown Mesa, after the whole PAMA incident.

~Flashback~

Jesse looked at Lukas's limp form, her heart pounding. Was he alive? He didn't seem to be breathing, which made hope drain from Jesse. Tears pricked her eyes, and she buried her head into her hands, crying. "I love you...." Jesse whispered. She admitted to herself she had fallen for the blonde, which only made Lukas dying more heartbreaking. Just as she thought she lost all hope, Lukas's blue eyes fluttered open, and fell on a crying Jesse. He sat up and gently held his hand to her cheek, making her look up from her hands. As soon as she saw Lukas, her tears of sadness turned to tears of happiness. She buried her head into Lukas's chest, wrapping her arms around him, holding him tight. Lukas hugged her back, and the two were happier than a drought-filled forest when it rained. From that moment on, the two vowed to never leave each other's side.

~End of Flashback~

Jesse gently touched Lukas's cheek with her hand, causing him to blush. "J-Jess?" he stammered. Jesse was leaning ever so closer, and Lukas leaned in too. The two stopped when their lips were only a centimeter apart, hesitating. It was a moment before the two's lips gently touched, for the first time. Jesse wrapped her arms around Lukas's neck, while he gently wrapped his arms around her waist. The two pulled away after a moment, and they both had their eyes full of love for the other. Words couldn't express how they felt, so they gently kissed again, remembering all the times they spent together.