I Won't Say I'm In Love

Quick author's note, imagine the scene from the song as what Jesse is doing. Plus, the statue, pretend she's pretending its Lukas. Anyways, enjoy~

I walked into the garden. The others were seriously getting on my nerves. I sighed, remembering what happened.

~Flashback~

"Jesse, just admit that you're in love." Petra said. "I'm not in love." I replied, crossing my arms. "Jesse, come on. We know you're in love. You are just denying it." J said. "I'm not in love, and it won't happen." I replied. "Jesse, just stop denying what your heart says. Your mind may say you're not in love, but your heart does. So listen to your heart." Olivia said. "I've told you guys this many times before, and I'll say it again. I am not in love." I replied, turning my back to the others. The others all sighed. "Fine, be stubborn all you want. There's no denying what your heart is saying." Axel said. I didn't look back at the others as I walked out of the room, to the garden outside.

~End of Flashback~

I sighed again, remembering what happened the first time I fell in love.

~Flashback~

I smiled as I watched my boyfriend walk away, going to soccer practice. He was great. I suddenly had a great idea. I would follow him to soccer practice and watch him, and cheer him on. I put my books away in my locker, since I'm a junior in high school, and grabbed what I needed and put it in my bag before starting walking to the soccer field. I was almost there, when I heard someone behind a pillar. I normally didn't eavesdrop, but I was curious. "You sure she doesn't know?" a girl asked. I had to hold in a gasp. That was Maya's voice! "I double-checked. Jesse doesn't even know." a boy replied. I felt anger, sadness, annoyance, and horrified as I heard that voice. I ran around the corner and, sure enough, my boyfriend was there, KISSING Maya. "What the heck do you think you're doing, Aiden?!" I shouted. The two looked at me, shock on their faces. "Jesse, it isn't what you think it is!" Aiden exclaimed. "Oh really? Then why did I hear you tell Maya that I don't know about this? Also, I clearly saw your lips on Maya. I already know what's going on. You're cheating on me. This is what you've been doing, instead of practicing for the soccer team. You aren't even on it!" I shouted. "Jesse, please, it was Maya's fault! It was her idea! I really was going to soccer practice! Please believe me!" Aiden pleaded, holding my hands in his, holding them to his heart.

"I don't believe you. Now I never want to see your face again. Don't try and talk to me. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with your girlfriend." I said, my voice icily calm. I ripped my hands from Aiden's before turning around, taking my stuff, and walking away from that place. Once I was out of Aiden's and Maya's view and hearing, I started running back home. I eventually reached it, and ran past my twin brother J and his friends, Axel and Lukas, and ran into my room, throwing my stuff onto my chaise before throwing myself on my bed, putting my face in my pillow, crying. I heard J knocking on the door, calling my name, telling me to open the door. I didn't answer, and I heard J walk into my room with Axel and Lukas. "Jesse, what happened? I thought you were hanging out with your boyfriend at soccer practice." J asked. "You mean my ex-boyfriend. He was never on the team, he was only saying that so he could spend time cheating on me with his other girlfriend Maya." I replied quietly, in between sniffs. "Please, leave me alone..." I added. I heard footsteps go out of the room, and the door closed. I broke down crying again.

~End of Flashback~

I started singing a song that kinda related to how I was feeling. While singing, I remembered the times shortly after I found out about Aiden cheating on me.

~Flashback~ (Fight me bros)

I walked through the halls, trying to get to my next class. Aiden suddenly appeared in front of me, blocking my path. "Babe, please, believe me, it was Maya's fault. I didn't want what she wanted me to do. I was forced to. Take me back. Please, I only love you." Aiden pleaded. "Aiden, leave me alone. I know what I saw, and I will never forgive you for it. Now, get out of my way so I can get to my next class." I replied, trying to get by him. Aiden pinned me against the lockers, his hands on either side on the lockers, his body extremely close to mine. I tried pushing him away, but he didn't move. He instead tried to kiss me, but I tried to avoid it. He used his hands to hold me still, and I couldn't move as he kissed me. "Hey!" someone shouted. I felt Aiden's grip on me disappear, and I saw Aiden pinned to the ground by a familiar blonde-haired senior I knew very well. "Leave her alone. You cheated on her, and you don't deserve her." Lukas said, his voice icily calm. He stood up and grabbed my hand, running with me to our next class, since we had the exact same schedules.

~End of Flashback~

I sat down on a bench surrounding a small fountain. I put my hand down, and felt a flower. I looked at it, and saw it. It had blue petals, with a golden center. It reminded me of someone. I sang one last line. "Ohhhh, at least out loud, I won't say I'm in love~" I lay down on the bench, closing my eyes, sleep crashing over me as I held the flower to my heart, thinking only of Lukas.

~Morning~

I met up with the others at the kitchen. Although, Jesse wasn't there. "Hey, you guys seen Jesse?" I asked. "Haven't seen her since last night." Olivia replied. "Do you know where she is?" I asked. "She went in the direction of the garden. Although, maybe you shouldn't go searching for her. She got really annoyed last night and she needs to let off steam alone. She'll come back soon enough." J replied. "Well, I'm gonna go see her." I said as I walked out of the kitchen. "Don't say I didn't warn ya when she starts using you as her steam reliever!" Petra called. I rolled my eyes before continuing to walk through the halls of the fortress, eventually reaching the back garden. I began looking around for the familiar black-haired and emerald-eyed girl. I came to the center of the garden after a few minutes, and saw her lying on the bench of the fountain. She was asleep, a smile on her lips. In her hands she gently held a small flower, one with blue petals and a golden center. I gently picked her up in my arms and carried her back inside the fortress to her room. I walked in and gently lay her on her bed. I pulled the covers over her, and she still retained that smile as she slept. I gently kissed her forehead before walking out of her room and closing the door behind myself. Before I walked to the kitchen, I whispered something.

"I won't say I'm in love."