Just Don't Hurt Her

Lukas wandered the halls of the labyrinth, desperately searching for the ebony-haired girl. She had been kidnapped by PAMA, who was back from the dead, and he had to find her. Suddenly, a scream echoed through the halls. It was filled with pain, terror, and it sounded very familiar. The scream came again after a few moments, except this time it was a name.

"LUKAS!"

Lukas recognized the voice of the girl, and he followed the sound of the scream until he came to a room. Inside, he found the raven-haired girl on the ground, her back to the far wall. She had her arms around her knees, her head buried in her knees. She shook from her sobs, her black hair falling around her like waterfalls. Lukas was about to run forward, to wrap her in his arms, assure her everything was fine. But, he stopped in my tracks when he saw someone emerge from the shadows. It was a robot, with red eyes, and had a human-like body, but with tentacles protruding from its back. One of the tentacles wrapped around her throat, and lifted her up and pushed her against the wall. "Well well well. Look who's here." the robot said. "PAMA, let Jess go." Lukas said. "Nice try Lukas, but I take orders from no one." PAMA replied. PAMA's grip around Jesse's throat tightened, and the girl desperately tried to pry the tentacle off of her neck, her green eyes shutting in pain. "No! Don't hurt her!" Lukas cried. "Aww look, the boy is scared for the girl. How pitiful. Now, tell me, how much pain are you willing to take to protect her?" PAMA said with a smirk. Lukas's blue eyes closed as he thought of what he would go through for Jesse. His blue eyes opened as he started to speak.

"You can break my soul, take my life away, beat me, hurt me, kill me but for the love of god don't touch her."

Jesse heard those words and felt something. It wasn't pain from PAMA's grip, it wasn't fear for Lukas's life, it was something else. It felt warm, soft, comforting, and it filled Jesse's heart. "So you are willing to go through anything for her. Well, why don't I make your heart fill with such pain, it will feel like you have your soul broken so many times." PAMA said. He tightened the grip on Jesse's neck so tightly, she could hardly breathe. "NO!" Lukas shouted. He ran forward, trying to save Jesse, but PAMA wrapped a second tentacle around him, preventing him from moving. "LET GO PAMA! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO TO ME, JUST LET JESSE GO!" Lukas shouted. Jesse's eyelids were drooping, her movements became more soft, and her breath was slowing. Lukas desperately tried to free himself, but PAMA wasn't going to budge. He couldn't reach his sword, and he had no backup. Jesse's eyes closed, her hands fell to her sides, and her breathing was so shallow, it seemed almost impossible that she was even breathing. PAMA then dropped her to the ground, where she lay, unmoving. PAMA released Lukas, and as soon as he touched the ground, he raced to where Jesse lay. He kneeled beside her, holding her in his arms.

"Jesse... Jesse, get up. I'm here." Lukas whispered. Jesse didn't open her eyes, and she didn't seem to be breathing. She looked almost, peaceful. "No... Jesse..." Lukas whispered, closing his eyes as tears fell down his cheeks. Lukas looked over his shoulder and glared at PAMA with such hatred, it seemed almost impossible to be so full of hate. "Why? Why her?" Lukas asked. "She deserved it. And no one or thing can take her place." PAMA replied. "NO, SHE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE! SHE IS A BRAVE, STRONG, SMART, KIND, BEAUTIFUL GIRL WHO DOES EVERYTHING FOR THE PEOPLE SHE CARES ABOUT! SHE NEVER DESERVED ANYTHING BAD THAT'S HAPPENED TO HER! SHE NEVER DESERVED TO BE BULLIED BY MY TEAM, LOSE HER BEST FRIEND, FALL OFF OF SKY ISLAND, HAVE TO SEE PETRA AND ME CONTROLLED BY YOU, OR WATCH AS HER FRIENDS DIED IN FRONT OF HER EYES BEFORE RESPAWNING!" Lukas shouted. Lukas looked like he could kill PAMA, but he stopped himself.

Lukas turned back to the black-haired girl in his arms, desperately hoping for Jesse to open her eyes, throw her arms around his neck, assuring him she was okay. "Your fury is impressive, and will make you stronger. Perfect." PAMA said. He walked to where Lukas was, and he grabbed a chip. He was about to put it on Lukas's head when a sword went through PAMA's heart. PAMA stopped, stumbling backwards, falling down, dropping the chip. "I... will get.... revenge....." PAMA gasped before his hate-filled eyes dimmed. Lukas dropped his sword, his mind entirely on Jesse. "Jess.... Please.... I'm right here.... Don't leave me...." Lukas whispered. Jesse didn't move, nor utter a single word, thus draining all hope and life from Lukas. "No..... Jess....." he whispered, sobbing.

As he wept, he didn't notice the faint movement from Jesse.

Jesse started breathing, very lightly, her chest falling with each breath she took. Her green eyes fluttered open, and she found herself in Lukas's arms, his eyes closed as he wept. His blonde hair fell over his face, and Jesse gently held her hand up and moved it away. Lukas opened his eyes, seeing Jesse alive and well. "Jess!" he exclaimed, hugging her tightly, afraid if he let go she would leave him. Jesse hugged back, and they pulled away after a moment. "I thought I lost you..." Lukas whispered. He gently cupped Jesse's cheek, and Jesse moved some of Lukas's hair, falling in his face, to the side. "I would always come back..." Jesse whispered. The two locked eyes, blue and green, and they leaned closer. Their lips were only centimeters apart, and they removed the space between them. The two kissed, Jesse wrapping her arms around Lukas's neck, Lukas wrapping his arms around Jesse's waist. It was a moment that only lasted a few seconds, but seemed to last a lifetime. They pulled away, and Lukas whispered, "I'm glad you're still with me." Jesse whispered, "Me too." Before they kissed again.