You Can Win

I stepped down from the podium after the teams dispersed. I walked to where Ivor, Harper, Petra and Lukas were standing. "Do you think it got through to them?" Petra asked. "It had to. Otherwise this is going to crash." I replied. "Well, we'll see if it got through to them tomorrow. It's best if we get some rest." Ivor said. We started walking to the dorm, and I tried to go to sleep. After about an hour of tossing and turning, I finally fell asleep.

~Morning~

I was about to leave the competitors village. I turned to my friends and hugged each of them in turn. "I'll see you guys when this is done." I said. "Go rock the house." Petra said. I turned away and started walking out of the village, but I stopped. I turned quickly and hugged Lukas one last time. I loved Lukas, and he didn't know my feelings. And I was scared. Lukas hugged me back and I whispered, "Lukas, I'm scared." Lukas whispered back, "I know, I am too. But I know you can do it. Win for us, Jess." I squeezed Lukas one more time before pulling away. A tear slid down my cheek as I looked at Lukas. He gently cupped my cheek with his hand and wiped away the tear with his thumb. He gently smiled, making a small smile spread across my face. "I believe in you." Lukas said. He looked like he was about to pull away. But before he could, I grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled him closer. I gently pressed my lips to his. After a moment, I pulled away. With tears in my eyes I turned away and started walking out of the village, to the arena.

~Lukas's POV~

I stared after Jesse as she walked away. I was in shock. She just kissed me. Petra snapped her fingers in front of my face and said, "Earth to Lukas, earth to Lukas, come in, come in." I snapped out of my daze and looked at Petra, Harper and Ivor. Both of them were trying to not laugh, but I saw Ivor failing miserably. "Looks like someone's lovestruck!" Ivor exclaimed between laughs. "Ivor, shut up." I said, blushing bright red. "I cannot wait to tell Axel and Olivia that when we see them again." Petra said, starting to giggle. "Please don't tell!" I pleaded. "Nope! And you are going to be there when I tell!" Petra replied. "Petra!" I exclaimed. "Better start running Petra." Ivor said. Petra ran away and I chased after her.

~Later~

Jesse walked back to Axel, Olivia, Petra, Slab, Otto, Em, Ivor, Harper and I. She took off her helm and held it in her hand. As soon as she saw me, though, she dropped the helm and ran into my arms. I hugged her as she hugged me. When we pulled away, she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips to mine. I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around her waist. After a moment, we pulled away. Jesse beamed brightly, making me smile. "Awwww! You two are so cute!" Olivia squealed. Both Jess and I blushed, quickly remembering the others. "It is really cute, but why don't we save the mushy love stuff for AFTER we're back home." Axel said. "Best idea you've had yet." Ivor said. Otto led us to the portal out of this world, and we went through.