Art Accident

"Annnnnd, done!" Jesse said. She pulled the pen away from the paper and admired her work. She had just finished a drawing she had been working on, and the finished picture looked amazing. She closed her art book with a sigh. That was the last page in her art book, so now she had to go buy a new one. As she looked at her bookshelf, she cringed. Her bookshelf was filled with art books, new and old, and clearly outnumbered the few books on the bookshelf. From the moment she picked up a pencil, she had wanted to draw. Her parents had told her that their house was sometimes so full of paper, pencils, and other drawing supplies that it looked like they had a family of artists. Jesse just loved to draw so much, it was what she did in her free time.

In the past, when her friends were going to a party or the mall, Jesse was either in her room or in the park drawing. She always had finished her homework at school, so it enabled her to have much more time to draw. She had actually had one of her artworks featured at a special art show, and a college scout had noticed it. She was given a scholarship to one of the best art colleges, and she had graduated with a Masters Degree. She would have gone for a Doctors degree, but her family didn't have the money and she didn't have the time. She had settled for a Masters, and it had not stopped her in any way from selling her works for an assortment of things.

Jesse was snapped out of her memories as a knock reached her ears. "Come in," she called, standing up and walking over to her bookshelf. A head peeked in through the door before the person came in. "Hey Lukas," Jesse said, reaching her bookshelf. "How'd you know it was me?" Lukas asked, surprised. "Lukas, I've known you since I was eighteen. I think I'd know who it was if you walked in the door," Jesse replied, running her finger along the spines of the books, searching for a place for her art book. "Yeah, I guess. So, you busy?" Lukas asked. "I was just about to go to the store to get a new art book. Why?" Jesse replied, putting her book into a slot she found before turning around to face Lukas. "Well, remember that promise you made to me a few days ago?" Lukas asked. Jesse thought about it for a moment before realization struck like lightning.

"Oh! I completely forgot I was going to give you an art lesson today!" she exclaimed. Lukas smiled. "Here, I'll just quickly run to the store and be back in just a minute!" Jesse said, grabbing her things to run to the store. "Hey, it's okay. I'll come with," Lukas offered. "If you want to, sure. Now, let's go!" Jesse said as she grabbed Lukas's hand and started pulling him out the door to the store. It took only a minute to reach the store and another to buy about ten more art books, with an eleventh for Lukas, and five packs of pencils. They walked to the park and sat down on the grass under the shade of a giant oak tree. Jesse grabbed an art book and flipped to the first page. Lukas did the same with his book, and both reached into the packet of pencils to grab one. Instead, their hands brushed. Jesse instantly started blushing with Lukas and they quickly grabbed a pencil. Jesse took out her phone and headphones and put on the headphones, plugged them into the headphone jack into her phone, and turned on her drawing playlist. She touched her pencil to her lip in thought, thinking of what to draw. She got lost in the music and she started drawing, not even realizing what she was drawing.

"Jesse? Jess? Jess!"

Jesse jumped as a hand tapped her shoulder. She turned to Lukas and took off her headphones. "What is it?" she asked. Lukas was blushing, making Jesse confused. He pointed to her picture, and her eyes widened. She immediately started to regret losing herself in the music and not focus on what she was drawing. "U-Ummmmm....." Jesse stammered, blushing. Why did this have to happen to me, in front of Lukas, my crush, of all people! she thought.

On the pages was a picture of her and Lukas kissing.

"I-I'm sorry Lukas! I-I d-d-didn't think a-about wh-what I was drawing!" Jesse squeaked in embarrassment. She brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "D-Do you l-love me?" Lukas whispered. Jesse stood still for a moment before nodding. She couldn't meet Lukas's blue gaze. Jesse didn't want to look him in the eyes if he rejected her. But he did something that surprised her.

He gently lifted her chin up and turned her face towards him before gently kissing her.

Her eyes widened in shock. Did he love her? Lukas pulled away, but that one moment seemed like a lifetime to Jesse. "I-I l-l-love you too," Lukas whispered. Jesse smiled before kissing Lukas. That one accident made her the happiest girl in the world.