A Week

Day 1

Jesse gently smiled at Lukas as he hesitantly walked into a dark movie theatre. He had never been to one for two reasons. One, he was afraid of having a fit in the middle of the movie, and two, he was afraid of the dark. But, he and Jesse agreed they would go out somewhere once every day in the week, and the majority of the places were pretty cliché places. The movie theatre was their first destination.

The two quickly found a pair of seats and sat down, setting the popcorn in between them, before turning their gazes up as the movie started. As the movie rolled on, which just so happened to be a comedy, Jesse and Lukas reached for the popcorn at the same time, their hands brushing against each other. Lukas blushed red but took the moment to carefully intertwine his fingers with Jesse's. The ebony-haired girl blushed a pale pink, her heart seemingly beating a few beats faster.

Day 2

Lukas looked around at the many different mechanical rides that glowed with bright, vibrant colors and lights. He was like a small child with a giant sweet tooth in a candy store. Jesse followed him, her smile as bright as the lights of the ferris wheel. The two went on different rides, played different games, and enjoyed different foods. Jesse was fine with Lukas dragging her around to all the different things he wanted to see and try, and she found herself subconsciously hoping his smile wouldn't fade.

The day ended with the sun setting on the horizon, the two watching as the stars slowly started to appear, from the top of the ferris wheel.

Day 3

Lukas removed his hands from Jesse's eyes, allowing the green irises to open up and gaze around. The sky was dark, the only light coming from the moon and stars above. Jesse smiled at Lukas as they sat on the ground where there were multiple soft, warm blankets waiting for them. Jesse leaned close to Lukas as he wrapped a blanket around their shoulders. The two remained close as they watched the night sky above, pointing out constellations that ruled the dark sky above.

Day 4

Jesse shook Lukas awake, making the blond whine at being woken up. Jesse turned her gaze to the east, ignoring Lukas' complaints. He followed her gaze to see the sky begin to lighten. The stars started to fade away, as did the moon, as light began to pour over the horizon from the east. The familiar, bright yellow ball of plasma finally began to rise, sending its rays of light and warmth over the land, falling onto the two lying under the green leaves of the ancient oak.

Day 5

Lukas tightly hugged the wall, afraid to let go. His knuckles turned white. Jesse gently smiled at him as she skated over, completely comfortable on the thin blades on the slippery ice. She came to a stop and held her hand out to the blond. Lukas hesitantly brought his hand away from the wall and placed it in Jesse's. The ebony-haired girl gently tugged Lukas along, leading the way as they skated across the ice. The boy slipped a few times, nearly falling down in the process, but Jesse kept him upright. Eventually, Lukas skated ahead of Jesse, now feeling at ease on the slippery substance. He cast a glance over his shoulder, seeing Jesse smile brightly at him. He returned the smile, a faint blush covering his cheeks.

Day 6

Jesse looked up at Lukas, who was standing next to her with his hand outstretched. "May I have this dance?" he asked. Jesse smiled and nodded, taking his hand. She stood up from her seat before the two walked to the dance floor where there were only a few people dancing. The live band started to play a sweet, slow jazz song upon seeing Jesse and Lukas approach the dance floor. The two stopped in the middle and turned to each other. Lukas placed one hand on Jesse's waist, the other held her hand. Jesse placed her free hand on Lukas' shoulder. "Sorry if I step on your feet in advance," Jesse whispered. Lukas smiled in response.

Slowly they began to dance, stepping here and there, spinning around the dance floor. The people present watched with awe at the two as they gracefully glided across the floor. Lukas spun Jesse around before bringing her back close, continuing to dance. Jesse couldn't keep the giddy smile off her face as she danced with Lukas. The music came to a slow stop, which Lukas decided to end the dance with dipping Jesse down before pulling her back up. The crowd burst into cheers. The blush never left Jesse's face the rest of the night.

Day 7

Jesse panted as she ran through the pure white halls of the hospital. Her breathing was fast and quick, her legs taking long strides, her hair flying behind her as she passed by doctors and nurses who moved out of her way to prevent from getting run over. Eventually, she reached a beige door which was closed from her. Jesse grasped the doorknob and opened the door, looking inside the small room. There were only two other people inside, one lying on a medical bed, the other standing beside it while wearing a white doctor's coat.

"You must be Jessica Parker."

Jesse nodded in response. "Lukas is in a coma. I'm sorry, but the preparations for his surgery are being made as we speak if he is to survive," the doctor explained. Jesse bit her lip to hold back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She once again nodded to the doctor. He didn't say another word as he walked out of the room, only placing a hand on Jesse's shoulder in comfort, before closing the door behind him. Jesse stepped forward to the side of the bed, the only sound being the slow beeping from the heart monitor. She slipped into the seat next to the bed, resting her head on the side of the mattress. The obsidian-haired girl rested her hand over Lukas', which was pale and had a slight chill to it.

"P-Please... Don't do this to me..."

Jesse couldn't stop the tears from freely flowing down her cheeks, the salty tears falling onto the pale gray covers of the bed. If only she had noticed sooner, maybe she could've prevented it. Her sobs filled the quiet room, violently shaking her.

"I love you...."

Nothing.

Jesse continued to cry, the only other thing breaking the silence being the heart monitor. She was numb to the world around her.

So she didn't notice the heart monitor start to speed back up.

As Lukas' heart rate increased slightly, his eyes shut tighter to try and block out the light streaming from the window. Slowly, his blue eyes opened up, gazing around at the room in a slight daze. When his gaze came to rest on Jesse, a small smile quirked upon his lips. He gently gripped Jesse's hand.

The girl felt a grip tighten on her hand, causing her to look up from the bed. Her green eyes widened at seeing the familiar blue ones open. "Lukas!" she happily exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly. Lukas hugged her back equally tight. When they pulled away, Jesse leaned forward and pressed her lips to Lukas', closing her eyes. Lukas closed his eyes, gently kissing back. After a moment, the two pulled away and rested their foreheads against each others'. "I love you, Jess," Lukas whispered. Jesse smiled. "I love you too, Lukas," she replied in a soft voice. Lukas gently pressed his lips to Jesse's, smiling against her lips. Nothing could ever break them apart.