Rewrite the Stars

Oof this kinda broke my Lukesse heart at the end. Comment if you want to see a part two with the fire and hospital scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse walked away from Lukas, grabbing a sword off the rack before continuing on to set up the dummies.

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide."

Jesse hesitated slightly. She shook her head and continued to set them up. "You claim it's not in the cards, fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me. But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?" Jesse tried her best to ignore the blond's words as she walked away to start setting the difficulty of the dummies.

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were meant to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find."

The ebony-haired girl finished setting up the dummies and walked into the middle of the training area, the blond following her closely. He spun Jesse around to face him. "It's up to you and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight."

Jesse smiled as she stepped closer to Lukas. She pressed the button on her wrist and the ground underneath them started to activate the pistons to raise and lower different parts of the arena as dummies popped out from the ground. The piece of land she was on lifted up, leaving Lukas behind on ground level. Her sword twirled around as it sliced through the air and through the dummies.

"You think it's easy?"

The platform Jesse was on slowly started to lower again as she finished off the dummies.

"You think I don't wanna run to you?"

The platform reached the ground, allowing Lukas to walk forward to Jesse. "But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why because we're able to be just you and me within these walls." Jesse stepped back as the platform behind her began to rise. "But when we go outside you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." Lukas grabbed the edge of the platform, his feet leaving the ground. His hand slipped and he fell back down to ground level.

"No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine?"

Jesse swung down from the platform with a rope and knocked down multiple dummies as she flew by Lukas. The rope reached as far as it could before it swung Jesse back around, smacking her into Lukas and causing the two to roll to the ground. The green-eyed girl grabbed the rope and pulled it down, allowing it to fall to the ground. "Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find." Her hand flashed out and grabbed the rope and she was pulled up again.

"It's not up to you. It's not up to me. When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world could be ours tonight?"

Lukas grabbed the end of the rope as it lifted up, the force pulling him up to his feet. Jesse landed on a platform and swung her sword at a dummy before quickly flipping backward out of the way of another dummy's sword. She fell for a moment before landing in Lukas' arms, quickly sliding out of them to the ground. Lukas grabbed the rope and wrapped his arm around Jesse's waist, bringing her close as the rope pulled them up.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you, so just give me all of you."

The rope lowered them to the ground and Jesse grabbed the second rope. She and Lukas backed up before running toward each other, their ropes lifting them up off the ground. They came together and wrapped their spare arm around each other's waist, bringing their legs up to their torsos, spinning around and around and around.

"It feels impossible." "It's not impossible." "Is it impossible? Say that it's possible."

Lukas landed on the ground as Jesse swung around, doing a full circle in midair around the arena. He ran over to a pillar and started climbing up it. "How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were meant to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart 'cause you are the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be."

Lukas reached the top of the pillar and waited before jumping off, grabbing the rope Jesse was swinging from and using his free arm to wrap around Jesse's waist. Her free arm went to wrap around the back of his neck. "And why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours."

The rope slowly lowered down until the two touched the ground. Jesse and Lukas carefully rested their foreheads against each other, their hearts beating fast from the training and the lack of distance between them. Jesse's smile slowly fell. "You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide..."

"But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied."

Jesse backed away from Lukas. She turned around as she walked out of the arena, the dummies and platforms slowly going back to their original places, leaving Lukas alone in the middle of the arena.