Which Choice?

Jesse looked from Lukas to the others. Her mind was spinning. The Admin and Herobrine had teamed up to try and take over the world. They had kidnapped Lukas and she was told she and her friends would have to reach his cell in the highest tower of the Admin's castle for him and them to go free. But, whoever was captured in a trap along the way would be the Admin's and Herobrine's prisoner. Everyone had sacrificed themselves so Jesse could save Lukas. Now, she was at the end of the challenge. But she was now presented with a choice. Either choose Lukas and go free with him, but the others would remain as the Admin's and Herobrine's prisoners, or choose the group and go free with them, but Lukas would die.

Jesse didn't want either.

"Tick tock, tick tock, Jesse!" the Admin taunted. Radar started whimpering. Alex, Jesse's mother, pulled the teen into a comforting embrace. Petra, Jack, and Steve all glared daggers at Herobrine and the Admin. Stella smirked from her place next to the Admin. Lukas struggled against his restraints while trying to say something through the gag covering his mouth. "Well, time's up! Goodbye, Lukas!" the Admin said, about to slice Lukas's throat. "WAIT!" Jesse cried. Every pair of eyes turned to her. "How about a third choice?" Jesse asked. The Admin's and Herobrine's eyes grew curious. "You've grabbed our attention," Herobrine said. Jesse breathed a sigh of relief. "You let Lukas and the others go free without hurting them in any way. In return, I will take their place," Jesse said. Instantly her friends voiced their disagreement. Herobrine's expression turned very sinister. He appeared in front of Jesse. Her uncle held out his hand to Jesse. "All you have to do is shake my hand, and it's a deal," Herobrine said. Jesse slowly reached her hand toward his. Her friends shouted at Jesse to not do it. She ignored their pleas and orders and took Herobrine's hand.

Instantly a light surrounded their hands and Jesse cried out in pain. Herobrine smirked evilly. Jesse's friends shouted at Herobrine to stop. Lukas struggled against the restraints even more, his mind swimming with worry for Jesse. Jesse's cries grew softer and softer until she didn't have the energy left to even open her eyes. The light faded and Herobrine let go of his niece's hand. Jesse swayed for a moment before falling to the ground. Her skin was a deathly shade of white and she didn't move. "NO! JESSE!" Alex cried. The mother started sobbing. Steve's dark brown eyes narrowed in anger. Herobrine turned to the Admin and nodded. The Admin frowned as he snapped his fingers and the restraints holding Lukas and the cage holding the others disappeared. Lukas instantly ran over to Jesse and kneeled beside her. He supported her neck with one hand while the other gently touched her cheek. It was freezing cold. Lukas felt tears fall down his cheeks. "Jess.... Please..... get up....." he pleaded. His attempts to wake up Jesse seemed to be in vain.

That is until she groaned in pain.

"She's okay!" Lukas exclaimed in relief. "Why wouldn't she be?" Herobrine asked. "Well, from our view, it looked like you were killing her!" Petra shouted as she glared at him. "I didn't kill her. I merely took her powers away. Now she is without them, she will be quite weak," Herobrine replied. Lukas glared at Herobrine before Jesse slowly forced her eyes open. "L-Lukas......?" Jesse whispered. Lukas turned his gaze back to Jesse with worry etched in his blue eyes. "I'm right here, Jess. I'm right here...." Lukas replied. Jesse weakly smiled at the blonde. "I'll be fine.... Don't worry....." Jesse weakly said. Lukas felt himself tearing up. "Jess, you know I can't stop worrying about you," he replied. Jesse closed her eyes and sighed. "Go.... Get out of here....." she whispered. "No, I'm not leaving your side. Never again," Lukas replied. "Lukas....." Jesse whimpered. Lukas brought the girl closer to him in a hug. "I'll never leave your side. Never," Lukas whispered. Jesse smiled at her friend. "I'll always be by your side, even if we're worlds apart," she whispered. Lukas felt tears run down his cheeks as he gazed sadly at the young woman. Jesse leaned closer to Lukas. Using what little strength she had, she gently pressed her lips to Lukas' for just a moment.

Jesse fell limp in Lukas' arms, pulling away from the kiss. Lukas allowed the tears to run down his cheeks as he gently held Jesse close to him. His hand lingered over her cheek. "Alright, this is sappy enough. Time to go!" the Admin suddenly said. Lukas was surrounded in a red light and was sent flying back to the others. Jesse fell from his arms and lay on the floor unmoving. "Goodbye! Thank you so much for providing us with the powers we need to take over the world!" the Admin called as he transported the group back to Beacontown. Jesse's emerald eyes fluttered open for a moment as she stared at the place her friends and family had stood only moments before. "I'll always be there....." she whispered.