~Missing Piece~

"Everyone, get in! Now!"

At Petra's order, Olivia was the first to run through the swirling purple portal. Axel followed her shortly, picking up Reuben and disappearing into the portal with the little pig. A squeal escaped the pink pig as he disappeared to the Nether. Petra was about to jump through with Jesse and me when a sound made us turn around instantly.

"AAAHHHH!"

Gabriel fell to the floor with a thump, the Witherstorm wrapping one of its nasty tentacles around his legs. "Gabriel!" Jesse exclaimed. Before I could stop her from doing anything drastic, the ebony-haired girl had begun to run as fast as she could to Gabriel. A tentacle dropped through the roof, landing on the ground in front of Jesse, making me call out her name in warning. She easily jumped over it and grabbed Gabriel's hands as the Witherstorm began to drag him away. The young woman fought with every bit of her strength, the muscles in her arms straining against the Witherstorm's tentacle.

Jesse managed to drag the warrior away from the tentacle, which instead turned to a turquoise-haired man and dragged away the easier prey. I could only watch as Jesse and Gabriel conversed for a few moments, finding myself frozen in place. The warrior stood from the floor and handed Jesse a circular object, the turquoise piece of it glowing brightly. The young woman took the object and it seemed to dim its glow as it got further from Gabriel. A crash sounded from above the two, another tentacle dropping through the roof and landing in between them. Gabriel and Jesse took out their swords and began to defend themselves against the tentacles alongside Petra.

Even despite everything happening around me, I couldn't move a muscle. All I could do was stare in horror as everything unfolded before my eyes.

I vaguely remember a scream escaping my lips as a tentacle began to turn toward me. Petra slashed it down away from me and it retreated through the hole in the roof. "You two go through the portal and meet up with the others. I'll stay here and do whatever I can," Petra ordered before she took a few running steps away from Jesse and me. At seeing we hadn't moved, she stopped and looked over her shoulder at us. Before Jesse stepped forward, she slipped the object Gabriel had given her into my pocket. "Go on, Jesse, go!" she ordered. "No, I'm not leaving without you!" Jesse protested. Petra's sapphire blue eyes softened at her friend's determination. "Don't worry Jesse, if anything happens, I'll meet you guys at the temple," she replied.

The three of us turned our gazes to the purple tractor beam of the Witherstorm, our eyes widening upon seeing Gabriel floating up in it. Petra and Jesse both ran toward him but didn't reach him. "No!" the cry escaped my lips. Another tractor beam had appeared, this one starting to levitate Jesse up. Petra turned to save her friend, but Jesse shook her head, her black hair floating around her head. "Save Gabriel!" she ordered. Petra didn't listen and she grabbed Jesse's foot, bringing her down to the ground and the tractor beam disappearing.

"Hurry! Go!" Gabriel shouted. Jesse and Petra both ran to Gabriel, trying once again to free him, when a tentacle dropped once again from the roof. It swung to hit Jesse but missed its target. Petra had pushed Jesse to the ground and taken the hit herself, flying back and smacking straight into me as we fell through the Nether portal and landed on hard Netherrack. Olivia, Axel, and Reuben were all there, watching us with wide gazes as the two of us stood up and dusted ourselves off. "Where's Jesse?" Olivia asked worriedly, tugging on one of her pigtails. I turned my gaze back to the swirling portal and tried to take a step toward it. There was no way I was leaving Jesse behind.

Petra grabbed my shoulder and twisted me around, forcing me to look into her sapphire blue eyes. "Petra, I have to save her!" I exclaimed. "And risk losing you while you're at it? Not happening! Jesse's tough, she'll make it," Petra replied. I almost shrugged myself out of her grip and ran through the portal had Axel's voice not stopped me. "Look!" Our group of five turned to the portal, seeing it swirl more and more as a light-skinned hand reached through. A sigh of relief escaped me upon realizing Petra was right, Jesse was going to make it.