Cars

Jesse ran away, tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I ever thought I had a chance with him!" she exclaimed to herself. Memories of the event that had just occurred flew through her mind.

"U-Ummmm, L-L-Lukas? I-I have t-to t-te-tell you s-something," Jesse stammered. Lukas turned to his friend. "What is it, Jess?" he asked. Jesse looked at the ground, her cheeks turning bright red. Lukas's blue eyes grew worried at Jesse's hesitation. Normally she just said what was on her mind, not wait. And she certainly did not blush. "I-I, ummmm, I-I love you!" Jesse exclaimed. Lukas's blue eyes filled with shock. Jesse's green eyes were shut tight, she didn't want to look at him in case he rejected her. Lukas didn't know what to say. Jesse took the silence as rejection. "I-I'm sorry..." she whispered before turning on her heel and running away.

"Why did I ever think I could ever be with him!" Jesse exclaimed. She ran into the street crying. All of a sudden she opened her eyes as a car horn beeped at her. Jesse turned to look at the car as time slowed. Would she die like this? Jesse was about ready to meet death when she was tackled to the ground out of the way. Jesse's eyes shot open. Her green eyes met blue ones. "L-Lukas?!" she squeaked. Lukas stood up, holding his hand out to the girl. Jesse turned her head away from Lukas. "Jess, I'm sorry. It's just, it was so abrupt. I didn't know how to react," Lukas explained, his blue eyes filled with guilt. Jesse looked back at Lukas. His blue eyes seemed genuine.

Jesse gently took Lukas's hand and he helped her stand up. The two stood there, silent. Jesse's green gaze bore into Lukas's blue gaze, making Lukas blush. He gently moved his hand to her cheek as Jesse leaned closer. Their lips touched for a moment before pulling away. "I'm sorry, I was just in shock," Lukas said. "There's nothing to be sorry for," Jesse replied softly. The two gently kissed.