Rehab Diary #2

Day 41:

So yeah here's the deal, I am going crazy in this place. I've played all the dumb games and did all the therapy I can. I can now transfer from bed to chair, chair to toilet, and everything else. I can now sit unassited anywhere and I can get back into my chair when I fall out. I also have mastered the grabber thing so that I can reach anything that is above my head or too far away. I can feed AND dress myself! So what more do they want from me. 4 more days need to hurry up and get here. At least tomorrow is my FAVORITE day!

Day 42:

MUSIC THERAPY DAY!!!!! So today made up for the lousy day yesterday. This time it was Alex, Tommy, Andy, Lin, Pippa, Renee, and Jasmine who came for Music. You would think all we did was rap stuff and Hamilton, you would be DEAD WRONG. I mean yes we did some Rap stuff but it was all silly made up shit. We did this game though called finish the lyrics but it couldn't be the right lyrics. I have to tell you have to say after someone used HERCULES MULLIGAN for the millionth time I never wanted to hear that name again...at least not til I saw the show live again. After that Andy put some upbeat reggae music on and had us moving our bodies to the music. He even came over and twirled me in my chair. I had a blast and then the girls ended the day with a few songs that they used to warm up with before a show. I have never had so much fun until today. This is going to be the part of rehab I miss the most when I'm gone.

Day 45:

The date has been set!!!!!!! Hamilton ends it's run at the public on May 3 and will not reopen until July 13 in it's new home. So I am going home on May 11!!!! That is in exactly 10 days from today's date. I am very nervous but also very excited. My adoption will also be final on May 11 and the judge is coming HERE to do this. All my friends at the center, plus my Hamilton family, and Lin's family is coming. I am nervous to meet his sister and her family and his parents. Oh and I have to tell you about a guy I met...but that's for the next entry as I'm almost asleep.

Day 46:

So yeah Judd is this kid who came in here about a month after I did. He was in a football accident and broke both of his legs. He will never be able to play football again and it is really taking it's toll on his mental stability. We hit it off though because despite being a JOCK he has great tastes in movies & music. I even have his cell number IF I ever get a new phone. My last phone was trashed in the wreck. Maybe I can convince Lin to let me start doing simple chores around the house to save money. Anyway I have something special for Judd on my last day at the center. Lin brought me this cassette deck that he had lying around the house and showed me how to mix some music. So yeah I'm building this guy I kinda like a mixtape...don't laugh!!!

Day 54:

Today I actually spoke with the lawyer who had been putting all this adoption together. He came with Lin, Vanessa, and Sebastian to visit me. He told me all about what was going to happen tomorrow and what I needed to say. I fidgeted as I listened to all this until Vanessa set Seb in my lap, his pressence calmed me down. We played pat-e-cake for a while as the adults did their thing. Then it was time for a few surprises Lin and Vanessa had brought with them. First was my dress for tomorrow, a beautiful Blue lace dress with sleeves so I wouldn't be too cold. (A/N will post picture IF I can figure that out LOL) Next came the BEST surprise EVER, my brand new IPHONE. I screamed then clamped a hand over my mouth as Sebastian began to cry. I kissed the top of his head and promised him it was okay and I wouldn't scream again. The last surprise was a key, my very own KEY?!, to their apartment. I was going home tomorrow, to my NEW home.

Day 55:

Okay diary this is my last FORCED entry as I would say but I can promise you I won't stop writing. I find that putting things down has really helped me heal from the inside out. Jazz, Renee, Pippa, Vanessa, Lin's mom and sister all showed up in my room right at 8 AM this morning. They were going to help me get ready for the big day ahead. I have never had so many people fussing over me at one time. I wished Vanessa had brought Sebastian in with her but yeah it was too chaotic for him and no one wants a cranky baby all day. I was told Lin was already cranky for being woken up at 7 am to get here. LOL At 10 am I was rolled out into the main lobby area where everyone was waiting for me. I was handed flowers from the staff of the rehab and a BIG stuffed bear from Judd. I have no idea where he got it but I was going to put him and Aham on my bed as soon as I got home. I gave Judd a sad smile and then moved with my family toward the judge. We did what we were told and signed a bunch of documents. Then we took a MILLION pictures, I am sure Twitter will blow up with them later adn then it was time for cake. I made sure to say bye to all my friends and promised to visit. I saved Judd until last. I gave him a hug which he returned and told him I would text him later.

A/N

Okay the rest of this part will be up later tonight(or EARLY tomorrow LOL) because I want to save car ride home and first time seeing the apartment for it's own seperate chapter. Also I plan to do more with Judd but that will come later. I have SO MANY ideas of what I want to do but it's going to be hard to put them into words but I promise to do my best. Now as promised(I HOPE) the dress:

 Now as promised(I HOPE) the dress: