Getting ready for fun

Today was the day I had been waiting for with anxious anticipation. I have never had good experiences with fireworks when I was young and Al & Sandy never had time to take me to see them. I was hoping that my anxiety would not keep me from enjoying them.

"UP AND AT EM" Lin shouted as he opened my door. "We have the cast cookout in just a few hours. V put you a patriotic shirt in the bathroom last night. I'll see you downstairs in a bit. I love you kiddo."

"Love you too Papi" I replied as I stretched and began the process of getting out of bed. I quickly rolled into the bathroom and showered. I then put on the cute top Vanessa had found a shorts. I then rolled back out. I reached over to grab my shoes from the bed and in the process fell out of my chair. I winced slightly as my elbow banged the floor. This is just great, I thought, what a way to start this day.

"Are you okay?" Lin asked rushing into my bedroom. "I heard you fall as I was coming out of Sebastian's room. Do you need help?"

"No...no I got this" I shrugged as I pulled myself back up into my chair. "Can you grab my shoes though, they were what caused me to fall. I may also get Mami to look at my elbow as it stings. Otherwise I'm ready to go for a fun day."

He smiled "That's my girl! Mami is downstairs and I'm going to get Sebster changed and then join you downstairs. Love you kiddo!"

"Love you too Papi" I replied as I made my way downstairs. I still felt like a fool as I rolled into the kitchen where Vanessa was. She was putting lids on several containers which I assumed was for the cookout. Everything smelled so good and I couldn't wait to try it all. I smiled at her "Mornin' Mami. It smells so good in here. What's for lunch?"

"Potato salad...baked beans...mac and cheese" she replied grinning. "Me and Leslie's wife are making the sides for the cookout. Alex, Tommy, and Andy are providing the meats. Renee, Pippa, and Jasmine and Anthony are bringing the drinks. Everyone else is either bringing desserts or snack foods. You can just imagine Thayne bringing tons of cookies. With this big a group we had to divide it all out" she chuckled.

I had to laugh at the picture of Thayne she was painting. He was known in the cast as the cookie thief. I rolled over to her "Can you doctor my elbow? When I fell I think I scraped it" I told her as I held it out for her to check.

She looked it over and nodded "Yep got a pretty good scrap there sweetie." She walked over to a cabinet and got some stuff out. Soon she had me all fixed up just in time for Lin and Sebastian to join us. I grinned when Seb wanted me to hold him "Hey little man. We are going to have so much fun today!"

"That's right but we best get a move on" Lin chuckled as he checked his watch.

A/N

Okay I got this part down quicker than expected. I decided because I wanted this to contain so much info that I was going to split it down into two(at least) chapters. So here is part one and I HOPE to have part two up later tonight.