Homecoming

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

Vanessa and I sat at the kitchen table talking late into the night. Today we would be bringing Dania home, and at the moment it was a tense home to be brought into. Both Vanessa and I had barely talked since I had dropped that bombshell on her. I still was dealing with my own issues with the news and I knew she was as well.

She sighed "What are we going to tell her? I mean she deserves to know the truth Lin. After everything we discovered, she really is your biological daughter. Everything her father and aunt and uncle did make sense now. Her looking so much like you makes a lot of sense as well."

I sighed "I know V and I plan to tell her, I'm just not sure today is the ideal day. She is coming home from the hospital and Sebastian will be attached to her and her friends will be here too. Can we do this tomorrow once everyone goes home? I just don't want to upset her on such a happy day."

Vanessa sighed but nodded "Alright we can make it one more day. I really don't want to ruin her homecoming and I know her friends are looking forward to this as well."

After our talk we slept for a few hours. When we woke up we knew that today was the day we were springing Dania out of the hospital and bringing her home. Thankfully all the drains and tubes had been removed and all she had was now a dressing over her incision. She was still very weak and was not allowed to do much for at least another 3 weeks.

"We'll be home shortly with Sissy" I promised Sebastian as he was sitting watching trains with my mom. When he tried to come with us I sighed "Sorry buddy but you have to stay here. I promise we'll be right back."

As Vanessa and I walked out the door we could hear Sebastian screaming. I sighed hoping my mom would be able to keep him distracted for the next 45 minutes. When we got to the hospital Vanessa went to sign the papers as I walked to Dania's room.

"Good morning ladies" I said opening the door to find Dania and Skye sitting up in her bed talking. "Are you ready to be sprung kiddo? Sebastian is at home waiting for you and V is out there signing all the release paperwork."

"More than ready" she sighed as she slowly moved to the edge of he bed and with help got out of the bed. I was happy to see that Skye had helped her get changed earlier and now I helped her get seated in the wheelchair. I made sure we had Rory and Hamfam with us and the rest were going to be brought later by Chris.

"Okay let's go" Vanessa said entering the room a few minutes later. "I have all the info on what you can and can't do for the next few weeks. I also have a list of the few rides we can't do on vacation but the nurses told me to tell you to enjoy your trip."

"I have been using my time cooped up here to plan a perfect trip" she told us as we made our way to the car. "I was so glad when Chris said Skye could join us. I am also glad you guys were okay with that."

I shrugged "Someday she will be part of this family for good. Might as well start out with us vacationing together."

Skye grinned "That was good thinking!"

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

Getting in the car was a bit of a challenge but through gritted teeth and swear words I made it. Papi sat in back with me as Mami and Skye were in front. I leaned against him with my hand bracing my tender abdomen as we drove home to the apartment. I made it out of the car better and then inside.

I could hear Sebastian crying even before the elevator doors opened onto our floor. I was under strict orders not to lift anything over 5 pounds so Papi was going to deflect Sebastian until I could make it to the couch. He must have heard the elevator as his cries had stopped as we made it to the door.

"I'm home" I said smiling as we walked through the door of the apartment. Had it not been for Lin I would have been bowled over by a happy 2 year old. I smiled at Sebastian "let me sit down okay?"

"SISSYSISSYSISSSYSISSY" He was yelling happily as I made my way to the couch and sat down. Once I was seated he was climbing in my lap moments later.

I smiled at him as I moved him so he wouldn't hurt my tummy. He looked at me funny and I sighed "Sissy has a booboo on her tummy. It hurts when people touch it sometimes. We have to be really careful okay? Sissy can't play pick up for a little longer" his sad face made me want to cry too. "I promise I'm not going away again ok? I will be home for a very long time. We can play trains and watch trains on TV okay?"

That perked him up and he got off the couch. He returned a little later with a book and handed it to me. I smiled when I saw it was his favortie Thomas book "We can read that in a bit. Right now Skye is here to visit us too okay? I bet she'd love to watch trains while Mami fixed us something to eat."

Skye grinned "Oh you know I love sir topham hatt and Percy. I love watching the show when I come over to visit."

We watched several Thomas episodes before he began to nod off. I sighed as I didn't want to move him but I needed to get up. I looked at Skye "Will you take him for me? I need to get up and stretch. I don't want him to start crying again, I think I'd be in tears too."

She nodded as she moved him to her lap as I got up. Other than a whimper he made no move to wake up. I walked into Papi's office smiling "How'd I know I would find you here?"

"Little man must be asleep" he asked and I nodded. "He's not going to leave your side for a few days, you realize that right?"

I nodded "I missed him too, it was hard not waking up to him patting my face or shaking me awake. These next few weeks are going to be hard but I have every intention of getting my life back. Has there been any news on the capture of the guy who did this? I really don't feel safe until he is caught Papi."

"I wish there was kiddo but they are working as hard as they can. I promise nothing is going to happen to you again. When I heard you were shot I was terrified we were going to loose you. I can't imagine.."

"You don't have to worry I plan on being around for a long time to come" I said going over and giving him a hug. "What are all these papers here on your desk? They weren't here before my last show."

He sighed looking at them before looking at me "I don't want to ruin your special day. I promise to explain everything tomorrow."

"Hold up, what on earth is going on?" I asked seeing the look in his eyes. "Papi you are scaring me, what is going on? Skye  can wait, she isn't going anywhere today. I want to know what is going on."

He took a few moments to think and I assumed gather his courage. He then began to speak "Do you remember your mom, the one who gave birth to you, ever talk about her life at college? About people she knew or parties she went to or anything like that?"

I shook my head "No I just know that her and my dad dated pretty much all through her college days. They broke up a few times though and I am sure they went out with other people during that time. Why do you ask?"

He looked on the verge of tears or a nervous breakdown as he started his explanation "I never realized until just a week or so ago that I knew your mom from college. Back then she was Amy Grimes. She had bleached blonde hair and deep green eyes and was extremely skinny. I was between girlfriends when I met her and she was broken up from your dad at that time. We went to a frat party together and both got very drunk. I remember clearly that we used protection and she said she was on the pill. The next day she and your dad were back together so I didn't even think about her again. When she was back at school the next term and pregnant I assumed as most did it was your dad's. They got married and she never contacted me again. After you were shot and had surgery the doctor wanted to get more blood in case you needed it. Since we both have a rare blood type I offered to donate. That along with a nagging feeling made me ask him to run a DNA test. When it came back positive I had Vanessa do some big time digging. What I am trying to say is this...Dania I am your real father."

A/N

Evil author lady strikes again LOL And this my friends changes the game BIG time!!!! I hope you guys do not kill me for this plot twist. It was what I mentioned LONG ago in that A/N before Lin's last show. Anyway Dania's reaction will open the next chapter.