First Date

I sat in the girls dressing room on Wednesday night tired already and it was only midweek. I had pretty much gotten everything ready for our date Friday night. Skye would meet me at the apartment and we would go from there. I was grateful to Ari and Thayne for coming up with the idea for the date itself. 

"So how are you feeling?" Ari asked as I stretched. My left leg now sported a brace thanks to the doctor's visit. He had said the weakness was an after affect of the accident. He said I might always have this issue and truthfully I was happy with that.

"Okay I guess. I just hate that unless I'm wearing my skirt the brace will show. I mean for now until they can figure something out. I know wardrobe is working on that now" I sighed.

"It's for the best though" she pointed out. "This will help you reach your full potential when dancing. There really is no stopping you now."

I just nodded and sighed as we finished prepping for the start of show. I almost jumped a foot when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"OH...MY...GOD" I squealed as I looked up into the eyes of Josh Gad. "He so did not!"

"Well yes he did, if you mean Lin" Josh chuckled. "I was in town for some promo stuff and he sent me some free tickets. He said I had to meet one of my biggest fans."

I nodded "You have NO idea. You are the bomb! Okay I mean that in a good way" I chuckled. "I have seen practically everything you have ever done."

"A true fan then" he smiled. "Would you like for me to autograph something?"

I nodded rummaging in my bag that was on the floor. I almost fell over when I found my frozen CD in there, Lin must've done that. I handed it to him "Thanks! I will hang this on my wall at home."

He nodded autographing it for me. I stuck it back in my bag "I really hope you enjoy the show! Thank you for coming back here."

"Your most welcome" he said smiling. "Break a leg!"

When I find Lin before showtime I tackle hug him "THANK YOU! I cannot believe you set this up! You made one of my biggest dreams come true. Actually you have made two of them come true."

"I am glad to help make your dreams come true" he said giving me a hug. "Are you ready for the fun? It's a packed house again tonight."

I nodded "As ready as I'll ever be. I am getting better at this every night I take to the stage."

He nodded "I noticed. I have considered MAYBE having you understudy for the girls at some point. Not that we could put you in for anyone but Angelica but it would be fun for you to learn other parts for the show."

"No way!" I chuckled. "I would never even attempt to take their place, they are brilliant. Anyway break a leg Papi, I love you!"

"I love you too" he said hugging me tight before I hurried off to take my place for the first number.

The next two two days seemed to fly by in a blur of school and shows and soon it was Friday night. I was glad we had decided to meet at the apartment which was easier for us both. I waited impatiently for her to arrive.

"Stop pacing or you'll wear a hole in the carpet" Lin teased as he taped me pacing.

"Papi I can't' help" I sighed exasperated. "This is our first actual date and I want it to be perfect. I still fear that something will go wrong."