Preview Night

July 13, 2015

P Day is here!!!!!!!!!!! Or as Lin would say Preview day has hit. All this past week they have been in tech so I have only seen him each morning. Tonight though I will get to see him on stage. Myself, Skye, and Vanessa are going to watch the show together. On the offical opening night my Abuelo and Abuela will join us. Oh diary I am too excited and nervous at the same time!

So today was performance day. Papi woke me up at the ungodly hour of 7 am to tell me that it was preview day. As if I could forget this date as it was circled in big red on every calendar we own! Plus I had tickets in my purse for me and Skye as we would be joining Vanessa right before the show started. I got myself out of bed at 10 am to start the day. I got dressed in jean shorts and my #yayhamlet shirt. I laid out my dress for the show tonight, it wasn't the fancy one for the offical opening but it was really nice.

Once downstairs I found Sebastian in his playpen gurgling happily and Vanessa in the kitchen cooking. I rolled into the kitchen grinning "What's for lunch Mami? Is Papi going to get to join us?"

"We are having Fajita's with your Abuela's special sauce. Lin will be home for a quick lunch as he has more interviews" she sighed. "I know you miss him sweetie but once all this gets going he'll be home more during the day. Plus your friend Skye will be here at 3 for you guys to get dressed."

I nodded "I know, I just miss him and so does Sebastian. I am happy he is doing what he loves, don't get me wrong. I just miss him tucking us in at night or blasting Moana to wake us up."

She chuckled "Yes I know but it will get better."

Soon enough it was time for Skye and I to get ready for the evenings festivities. She had brought over two dresses for me to help choose from. I found that the lavendar dress looked best with her skin tone and complimented my own dress. We both laughed and kidded around as we got ready for the night.

"So do you think Vanessa will let you wear some light makeup?" She asked as she braided my hair. I loved how she knew all these cool ways to braid hair.

"She actually said I could as long as it wasn't too heavy. So will you hellp me with that? I have never EVER worn makeup before" I admitted blushing slightly.

"Sure thing" Skye replied getting out her makeup bag. "I really only wear minimal makeup anyway, so I know just what to do."

An hour before we were to be in our seats Skye and I went downstairs to where Vanessa was waiting. Lin's parents were downstairs with her as they had offered to keep Sebastian for the night. I got tons of compliments from everyone about my dress and they loved my makeup. Skye was showered with compliments as well. Soon enough though it was time to head to the theater.

"Mami what happens if there are tons of people and I get lost?" I asked concerned. It had happened once before when we were out shopping. People tend to not look out for those in wheelchairs in crowded places. Mami went one way and I was pushed another way by the crowd. I was scared and had forgot my phone at home. Luckily she found me a few moments later but big crowds still scared me.

"Oh sweetheart you'll be safe at the theater. You and Skye will be let in much earlier than everyone else. That way you can be in your place before the crowd and therefore won't get lost. Now I gotta go check in your Papi so you girls go with Katie here, she'll show you to our seats. I'll see you again soon."

"Tell Papi I love him and to break a leg" I called out to her as we went off in seperate directions.

Skye gave me a confused look "Break a leg? What's that mean?"

"Your uncle is an actor and you've never heard that?" I asked confused. "Okay so anyway it's actually bad luck to tell someone about to go on stage good luck. So instead the phrase Break a Leg is used. It actually really does mean good luck."

"Oh...okay I think I get it now" she laughed as we found our seats. "Wow we have a fantabulous view from here. We can see everything. Uncle Chris was right, the wheelchair area is great here in this theater."

I nodded sighing "Yeah I know but I wish I could be on front row. That way Papi knows right where to find me. Oh well these seats are amazing."

July 14, 2015(midnight)

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!! That is about the best way I can describe tonight's performance. It was electrifying from the get go. Leslie started the show off with a bang and it kept growing from there. The audience was very into the show and you could feel just how excited they were. Papi even waved at me at the end of the show from the stage. I didn't think he would find me in the sea of people but he did!!! Also I met soooooooooo many celebrities, both Skye and I were in heaven. I also got a few more Hamilton merch to add to my collection. Papi hasn't made it home yet but I can't wait up much longer, I'm so sleepy. I can't wait to hang out with Skye again next week. We are going with Mami and Seb to the zoo and out to eat. I cannot wait!

A/N

Okay guys I hope you don't mind how I split this up between two diary entries. I just felt it made more sense to me. Anyway hope you liked it. As always Be kind to each other!