Rescued

I heard the gunshot and screamed thrashing wildly with my arms. One of them came in contact with Lin who let out a curse word. I was thankful it wasn't him who was shot. I looked at him "I am so sorry. I thought it was you for a moment that was being shot. I'm so scared Papi" I whispered.

"I know kiddo, I am too now that I heard the gunshot. I have a feeling our captors are turning on one another which worries me greatly" he said as he stroked my hair. "Go back to sleep though, I have you and I won't let you go."

I just nodded as I fell back into a fitful sleep filled with dreams of blood and death. I couldn't get the image of Skye falling out of my mind. I was scared she was dead and it was all my fault. I awoke to the sound of shouting and Lin putting himself between me and the door. I clung to his arms the best I could as I felt him tense up for whatever was about to come through the door.

''THIS IS THE POLICE...WE HAVE THE PLACE SURRONDED" I could hear being shouted through a bull horn. I then heard gunfire being exchanged and I started crying harder and I thought this was the end for us. Then it all of a sudden get eerily quiet and Lin turned to me "Okay kiddo we are going to get out of here. I have a feeling the police just ended this for us. I am not sure I can carry you though" he whispered his voice breaking. "Your wheelchair is over there, I'll be right back I swear."

As he got up to get the chair the door blew in with the force of someone shoving into it. It knocked Lin to the floor and I began screaming. That is when I noticed it wasn't Keegan or Kirstie who had come through the door, it was the police. I saw Lin struggle to get back up but the police got to him first and I saw them help him to a stretcher. One of the other officers came over to me and got me off the bed and onto my own stretcher. I began to scream and reach for Lin as soon as I was put down. The paramedics had no clue what to do when they saw this happening. One of the officers sighed "We have family waiting for them outside. Make sure the mom rides with the daughter. I think Lin's parents are out there and they can ride with him. We just need to get them to the hospital and NOW" he said as we were ushered out the doors and into blinding flash bulbs and people shouting.

"MY BABY GIRL" I could hear someone scream as I was still fighting the paramedics. I then saw Vanessa's tear stained face and I reached out for her. She took one look at the paramedics and shook her head "I'm her mom, I am going with you guys. There is NO questioning that as it's my legal right and I'm a lawyer. My husbands mother is going with him and we are all going to St Vincent's, understood? Good now let's get going" she said not leaving any room for argument.

I sighed looking up into her pained face trying to read her expression. She gave me a small smile "Oh my sweet baby girl, I was so very scared. I thought I had lost you both, you just hang on now. We are going to get you and Lin taken care of, I swear."

"Wh..what about Skye?" I asked far more concerned for my best friend then my own health at that moment.

"She is perfectly fine baby girl" she promised. "I am sure Chris will have her up at the hospital waiting on us. She will tell you what happened later. Right now we need to focus on you and Lin. You gotta hold on, we are almost there."

A/N
I feel like I have said something to upset people I never would mean to hurt. If something I said or did made you upset with me I AM SORRY. Okay there now I feel better and hope I fixed whatever problem there is. Again sorry to take away from story, I get paranoid sometimes cause I feel like I hurt someone without realizing it until it's too late.